1 2 3 ... 5
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
5/23/08 1:57 p.m.

Hey, I'm packing up my office, and I don't want to move all this stuff. So... you can win a cool little prize (a picture I don't want to pack, t-shirt, some fun German-language car-game cards) if you...

That's where I get stuck. I need suggestions for a cool game/way to win crap from our offices. (David's tired of boxing, too.) Get your ideas/entries posted by Monday, and we'll "award" the "prizes" then. Remember, extra points are always awarded for creativity, knowledge, and general dorkiness.

Margie

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/23/08 1:59 p.m.

Yes, here is what I am going to do: Pack some random stuff in boxes. On Tuesday, those boxes will be sent out as prizes. Now we just need a contest.

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
5/23/08 2:02 p.m.

how about a JDM Pose-off...

:omg::nice:

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
5/23/08 2:02 p.m.
if you...

Email Margie the best semi-nude photo of yourself doing "dirty jobs?"

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
5/23/08 2:03 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: So... you can win a cool little prize (a picture I don't want to pack, t-shirt, some fun German-language car-game cards) if you...

Show up at your door with the head of David Hasselhoff? I'll get cracking.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/08 2:05 p.m.

... promise NOT to send official Harold Thong swag in return

Jay
Jay HalfDork
5/23/08 2:07 p.m.

Photo scavenger hunt? Take pictures of your car at a famous race track, a gay bar, the Russian Embassy, a no-speed-limit sign, a piece of the Berlin Wall, the Reichstag, the Brandenburger Tor, etc. etc.

(Hmm, I don't think I've rigged those choices at all. It would be totally fair.)

• J
Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/23/08 2:08 p.m.

staring contest?

David S. Wallens
5/23/08 2:10 p.m.

We're actually working on something. This could be cool. Or stupid.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/23/08 2:11 p.m.

Well, we could have a Forza Motorsport 2 Spec Mini Showdown. That little series started out pretty well with a bunch of members here.

Then GTA IV came out . . .

Jay
Jay HalfDork
5/23/08 2:11 p.m.

Or, the official GRM Mr. Universe contest. To make it fair, a lady can also win if she's able to judge the set of entries without poking out her own eyes.

• J
Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/23/08 2:13 p.m.
Jay wrote: Or, the official GRM Mr. Universe contest. To make it fair, a lady can also win if she's able to judge the set of entries without poking out her own eyes. -J

People who have seen me without a shirt on unanimously agree that they are all now blind.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/23/08 2:14 p.m.

How about you guys (GRM staff) take obscure pictures of things and have us guess what they are. It could just be one really weird picture. I'm sure you have macro lenses on your cameras - take a paper clip and get really REALLY close to it . . . or maybe a really close shot of your new drywall from an obscure angle (making it look like the ground). Hey, you could be car-nuts and take a picture of a treadblock, a bolt, or a muffler bearing. But don't make it too easy.

Whoever guesses what it is first WINS!

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/23/08 2:15 p.m.

How about best picture of your car sporting a GRM decal?

:grin:

Duke
Duke Dork
5/23/08 2:15 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Yes, here is what I am going to do: Pack some random stuff in boxes. On Tuesday, those boxes will be sent out as prizes. Now we just need a contest.

Person who bitched least about the new forum software gets the shwag.

Person who bitched most gets to come help pack.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/23/08 2:17 p.m.
Duke wrote: Person who bitched most gets to come help pack.

Crap. Gets in car and heads towards Ormond Beach

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/23/08 2:18 p.m.
Wowak wrote:
Duke wrote: Person who bitched most gets to come help pack.
Crap. *Gets in car and heads towards Ormond Beach*

lol

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/23/08 2:19 p.m.

Caption contest judged by the staffers?

Most charming Italian from RI???

:grin:

Jay
Jay HalfDork
5/23/08 2:19 p.m.

You could also post a pic up of a sweet silver 911 and get everyone to photoshop it. Oh wait...

• J
David S. Wallens
5/23/08 2:20 p.m.
Duke wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote: Yes, here is what I am going to do: Pack some random stuff in boxes. On Tuesday, those boxes will be sent out as prizes. Now we just need a contest.
Person who bitched least about the new forum software gets the shwag. Person who bitched most gets to come help pack.

I like that, I like that.

And I just found a short shifter for a VW. Who put that there?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/23/08 2:22 p.m.

OK, here's the contest... As I'm sure many of you know :whatthe: this is the picture we're using when there's a server error:

Some of you have suggested we need a different pic. So.....

• Post your favorite "oh crap, this is not good" automotive-related pic.
  • One pic per post.
  • Vote for your favorite pic (that's what that little up arrow on every post is for)
  • Winner (and some honorable mentions) get goodies.

The rules (such as they are):

• If the pic is copyrighted, don't post it. We don't want any trouble.
  • We'll only ship goodies to US addresses.
  • Contest deadline will be when the UPS truck shows up on Tuesday or somewhere around then.
  • We reserve the right to make any arbitrary and capricious decision we like on who gets goodies and who doesn't
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/23/08 2:24 p.m.

Wow, topping that pic is going to be difficult, it's actually very good...but gimme a couple of weeks and I'm sure I'll run across something :grin:

We could take the top 5 and have the 404/page vomit image randomly display one :idea:

Jay
Jay HalfDork
5/23/08 2:25 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: - We'll only ship goodies to US addresses. ...

Aww, and I've got some really good ones too. :(

• J
thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/23/08 2:26 p.m.

send them to me :nice:

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/23/08 2:26 p.m.
Jay wrote:
Tim Baxter wrote: - We'll only ship goodies to US addresses. ...
Aww, and I've got some really good ones too. :( -J

You need to get a package forwarding service, like me :grin:

The problem is that if I won, I'd probably end up paying some sort of duty on the free stuff :(

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QN2qRyUzMjFv1TRC5ZopBgWPH4ZSOlBzeXwxecHhoicKUcjtzkL45h75W5Od0nmL