1 2 3
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
8/22/16 9:14 p.m.

I have been married for 12 years. My wife and I know each other pretty well.

Tonight while walking through the living room, she stopped and handed me her phone. "Look at this" she said.

It was a listing for an 84 Rabbit in our neighborhood for $350.

After my response, including every practical reason why I don't need that car, over her shoulder walking away she said "we could make it work."

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/22/16 9:23 p.m.

Sometimes they surprise you that's for sure.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/22/16 9:40 p.m.

"You want to fool around before we get up this morning?" I thought.....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/22/16 9:43 p.m.

I want to learn to learn to ride a motorcycle.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
8/22/16 9:45 p.m.

My wife said "you shoutget a fun car@. i said "well, I have the CJ, that's fun, isn't it?" It was my DD. She said "no, I man a car just for fun. Like a weekend car."
We had a classic mini within weeks.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/22/16 9:53 p.m.

"You should buy the kids dirt bikes. Every kid should know how to ride a dirt bike." We now own 6 of them.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
8/22/16 9:53 p.m.

My toddler pointed at my RX8 and said "daddy's car!", then pointed at my GTX and said "Mommy's car!" to which my wife responded "I wish that was mommy's car"

My response "You want a GTX? i will FIND you a GTX ASAP!" at which she laughed and walked away. Still haven't seen another nice one crop up for sale

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing HalfDork
8/22/16 9:56 p.m.

Three weeks agao as we were leaving the house for the dragstrip, "I want to run my Focus down the track!"...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
8/22/16 9:58 p.m.

"Pull my finger."

Jay
Jay UltraDork
8/22/16 11:05 p.m.

Why haven't you bought the Rabbit yet? It wasn't a GTi was it?

Klayfish
Klayfish UberDork
8/23/16 6:01 a.m.

"You're right"

"I agree with you"

84FSP
84FSP Dork
8/23/16 6:42 a.m.

Hmm - it is bring your Rabbit to work day at my business so I'll leave this right here. Buy it!

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
8/23/16 8:49 a.m.
Jay wrote: Why haven't you bought the Rabbit yet? It wasn't a GTi was it?

I don't know...

I sent a message to the seller right away, haven't heard back yet.

I haven't done a drive by yet either. If there was a GTI in my neighborhood without me knowing I'm not doing a very good job...

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
8/23/16 8:51 a.m.

Now, remember that I'm riding a 30 year old Evo with 85K on the original motor, with the bags and tour pack loaded to the maximum that would fit and towing around 300 lbs of trailer and stuff. Dr.L is on a 29 year old solid mount 4 speed Sportster.

Conversation at the gas station:

L: You know the speed limit is 80 through here now, right?
H: Yeah. How fast were we going? (my speedo isn't too accurate)
L: Around 75. I like this 80 mile an hour speed limit....

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
8/23/16 9:33 a.m.

I dreaded where this thread would go. I'm pleasantly surprised.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
8/23/16 12:26 p.m.

"I wonder if it is for sale and what it would cost."

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
8/23/16 12:40 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote: I dreaded where this thread would go. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I was about to take it there a few hours ago, but I maintained my composure.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
8/23/16 1:09 p.m.
Rufledt wrote: My toddler pointed at my RX8 and said "daddy's car!", then pointed at my GTX and said "Mommy's car!" to which my wife responded "I *wish* that was mommy's car" My response "You want a GTX? i will *FIND* you a GTX ASAP!" at which she laughed and walked away. Still haven't seen another nice one crop up for sale

So, uh, I know a guy...50k miles, $30k, all original except for added power and the trans is not numbers matching any more.

Edit: Nevermind, wrong GTX.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/23/16 1:32 p.m.

Have you called that girl in Florida yet?

[Toolman Tim voice] aayurrrrrrrr?

I mentioned a glider for sale near Orlando, $22k is $10k less than it was a month ago and 40% below FMV. SWMBO just said "Oh" and walked away.

Five days later I get the question. Three hours later I had $5k in the mail for a deposit.

She hasn't asked since if I called any women....

java230
java230 Dork
8/23/16 1:36 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

Aluminum sailboat?! Weird.

imgon
imgon Reader
8/23/16 1:43 p.m.

About 15 years ago I saw a BMW motorcycle at work one day that I thought looked really cool. As luck would have it about two weeks later SWMBO and I were out on for a ride on our old bike and were going by a BMW shop. I told her I wanted to show her the bike I had just seen. We wandered around the showroom for a few minutes looking at the various choices and without any prodding says to me "Let's get one" an hour later I was the proud owner of an R1100RT. 106k miles later and it is still going strong and the wife even stuck around.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
8/23/16 2:10 p.m.
java230 wrote: In reply to NOHOME: Aluminum sailboat?! Weird.

Weirder that I have tracked down the boat and the widow! Tempted to follow up on facebook because I want to know what is is doing in Northern Michigan and I bet it has an interesting story.

Other Details Shipbuilding Company Robert G Downie Structural Details

Hull:
    Aluminum material
    Monohull configuration
    Sail (Distinct Keel)

shape
Self-propelling
    Unspecified propulsion

Feature Code Vessel ID 563757 Call Sign WDB4075 Certificate of Documentation Status: Valid Issue 03/26/14 Expire 03/30/15

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
8/23/16 2:27 p.m.

"Well, I have been wanting to go to England, was it the Goodwood Festival of Speed you were interested in, or the Revival?"

I hope the budget can squeeze that trip... (its a bucketlist item, and the answer for me was Revival)

Furthermore, this is after she bought me surprise F1/Austin Tickets for this year.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/23/16 2:31 p.m.

I want a divorce....

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/23/16 2:32 p.m.

I wish I had things to put on this list

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
851XW228NPTxePRsFCCsDPPZYUPW0hw667LsMUR9cbJ1lNxzAl1PCWMf0BlS3RaM