1 2 3
mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/23/16 2:38 p.m.

When I was all bummed because they wouldn't build me an Aerowagon Mrs. Deuce said "you should just get a CTS-V Wagon."
So I did.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/23/16 3:23 p.m.

My restraint is improving.

So, instead of the #1 answer, I'll go with #2: Why would you want to sell the elky? It's pretty cool. (Mind you she hated it, refused to ride in it, and called it a rolling advertisement for tetanus shots the first couple of years it was around)

The0retical
The0retical Dork
8/23/16 3:30 p.m.

I like the name Rhys for the next baby.

Why don't you call Corksport about that turbo to replace your broken one?

The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
8/23/16 5:23 p.m.

"You really need to put a turbo on the race car." And now I have a boosted KA24E in my 240SX

" You should also buy a fresh set of Hoosiers for the National Tour" - I didn't follow up on that one...yet.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/23/16 5:41 p.m.

You should just go buy another Playstation. When she thought we would be sans ps3 a while back.

pkingham
pkingham GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/23/16 7:40 p.m.

"The convertible is now my car. " e46 M3 I had bought because I wanted a fun convertible, but it's great that she enjoys a car thing.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
8/23/16 7:52 p.m.

"I'm not crazy about you autocrossing your DD, could you find something cheap just to race?"

I didn't stop searching Craigslist for Miatas for about 3 days straight.

This would later be followed by: "Why don't you fix the top so you can drive the Miata more?", "You never really spend much money, why don't you have it repainted so it looks better?" and "If you are going to take it out on a track, shouldn't if have a roll bar?"

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
8/23/16 8:19 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
KyAllroad wrote: I dreaded where this thread would go. I'm pleasantly surprised.
I was about to take it there a few hours ago, but I maintained my composure.

I thank all of you for playing nicely. I was so dumbstruck after it happened I hadn't considered the possible that's what she said responses.

I was asked this evening when I was going to look at it...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/23/16 8:24 p.m.
pkingham wrote: "The convertible is now my car. " e46 M3 I had bought because I wanted a fun convertible, but it's great that she enjoys a car thing.

Mrs. Deuce said "you mean MY 911?" after driving it to work for a week straight. It's her 911.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
8/23/16 9:36 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
pkingham wrote: "The convertible is now my car. " e46 M3 I had bought because I wanted a fun convertible, but it's great that she enjoys a car thing.
Mrs. Deuce said "you mean MY 911?" after driving it to work for a week straight. It's her 911.

OK, poll time: Who is feeling sorry for Mr Deuce?

Nope!

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/23/16 10:34 p.m.

In reply to Rufledt:

Are you on the GTX listserve? Seriously, it's still active and a solid resource to locate ones for sale.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
8/24/16 7:48 a.m.
NOHOME wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
OK, poll time: Who is feeling sorry for Mr Deuce? Nope!

OK, how about "I think I want another baby." Repeatedly.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
8/24/16 9:01 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
NOHOME wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
OK, poll time: Who is feeling sorry for Mr Deuce? Nope!
OK, how about "I think I want another baby." Repeatedly.

Nope...Sorry. Not feeling it.

Your kids seem pretty amazing from what we can tell. You are a lucky SOB.

mrap1000
mrap1000 New Reader
8/24/16 12:12 p.m.

SO looked at me when I came into the house covered with sanding dust and reeking of skim-filler:

"Why don't you sell the Miata and buy a Porsche Boxster?"

Of course, soon after, I came into the house covered with all the stains and stinks of an IMS bearing replacement.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/24/16 12:50 p.m.

"Go into work today and quit your job."

She told me that every day for months until I finally did. Now I work for myself from home. Been two years since I stepped inside an real office. Today I wrote an article for my site, did some pay work, ate a slice of homemade apple pie, washed the dishes while watching Robot Chicken on-deman, and played a little Nintendo. Life's not too bad.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
8/24/16 2:26 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: In reply to Rufledt: Are you on the GTX listserve? Seriously, it's still active and a solid resource to locate ones for sale.

I am, but I rarely check it anymore. I probably should

pushrod36
pushrod36 Reader
8/24/16 2:37 p.m.

Her: "What do you want to do for our anniversary?"

Me: "We could go to Italy for a week."

Her: "Oh... well I thought we could buy a motorcycle and tour the north shore."

We bought a bike three days later.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/16 2:45 p.m.

Sure, nothing printable here though.

06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
8/24/16 3:02 p.m.

"Why don't you and your buddy Gary go to Austin for the F1 weekend this year, I'll pay for tickets and airfare and make reservations for the timeshare" Can't hardly wait..

Burrito
Burrito Dork
8/24/16 3:06 p.m.

"Can you teach me how to ride a wheelie?"

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/16 3:15 p.m.

"Get a quote to have the driveway concrete extended so you have room for another car."

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
8/24/16 3:34 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Sure, nothing printable here though.

"PIITB"?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
9/2/16 8:16 p.m.

Well, I bought it. Here it is. Nothing super special, but I think it will be fun!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/2/16 10:50 p.m.

After my truck got stolen (because she made me drive it somewhere I didn't want to go), she said "This is like my fault I'll buy you a Porsche if the truck doesn't her recovered".

They found the truck but at least I have record of her saying something was her fault.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
9/2/16 11:06 p.m.

Saturday before last,

"You've been complaining about your bike for three years now, If you can keep the payments reasonable buy something you like"

Three days later,

( I got out of my five year vehicle ban two years early )

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uRWiEZ9B3EgKblkDLenKDSDDoWON195RDkp8r3jwrYnuIV4p5R6gWqrJOFGNErEV