1 2 3 4
Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
4/27/16 9:52 p.m.

At Starbucks I'll get four shots of espresso over ice in a small cup. as it waters down, it becomes an iced Americano. Sometimes I add an ounce or two of milk.

Something about Florida I miss are the cafe con leches. Nothing like 500 calories of espresso, steamed milk, and as much sugar as could possibly be dissolved into the solution. Best served with a guava cheese pastry.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/27/16 10:07 p.m.

I drink all coffee, and have been known to munch on coffee beans. Mayorga is my favorite coffee at the moment.

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/27/16 10:22 p.m.

I feel like an outcast. I grind 8 oclock dark roast beans every morning and drink it straight. No cream, no ice, no sugar. Sometimes I'll use caffeinated water to brew if I ordered from thinkgeek lately. I grew up on maxwell house, until someone got my dad a coffee grinder, and going on 20 years now its just habit. I'll get italian roast or other beans once in a while, but I still mix those with the dark roast when I grind.

Starbucks has a tendency to burn their beans for better consistency across the chain. This means less caffeine and less flavor, but a uniform (IMO subpar) product. I'm still fuming at the perfectly good Taco Bell that was shut down to put a Starbucks literally ACROSS THE berkeleyING STREET from a Starbucks.

Dunkin isn't bad, although on more than one occasion I've wound up with some flavored garbage that gets thrown in the nearest garbage can. I like it better than McDonalds or most chains, but I try to take a thermos with me if I'm going to want more than my morning few cups.

Ema00walker
Ema00walker New Spammer
2/28/20 7:06 a.m.

I recognize they promote cubic kilogallons of the stuff each day, however Wawa coffee isn't always really worth what you pay for it on {SPAM CANOE SPAM}. Dunkin coffee isn't any better first-class, however at least you may order it with a faster shot and it'll simply taste like coffee. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/20 7:29 a.m.

Even though 4 year old canoe thread, dunkin deeznuts coffee is still trash.  So are their donuts.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/28/20 7:36 a.m.

Had to de-canoe that post up there, but anecdotally, I ordered black coffee at Starbucks yesterday and they couldn't figure out what I wanted and gave me black tea. I also ordered a large and they had to convert that. I'm old and grumpy. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/20 7:51 a.m.

I've been drinking this lately. 

Really good flavor and reasonably priced. Ground fresh every morning and run through one of these. 

I usually make it strong and add a little half n half and sugar to it. Once in a blue moon I'll add a spoon of Nestles' hot chocolate to it. 

Hard pass on the ice though, I like it hot. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/28/20 7:56 a.m.

My coffee looks weird. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I have ordered coffee from Starbucks exactly once. It took them forever to figure out I wanted straight coffee and when it showed up it was a horrible burned sludge. They add so much crap to their drinks they don't have to actually make good coffee. I haven't been back since. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork

My go-to these days is Nespresso's Kazarr (super intense) espresso pods, brewed lungo.  Yummy goodness in just a few seconds with no clean up required. 

And no ice.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/28/20 7:57 a.m.
Mitchell said:

At Starbucks I'll get four shots of espresso over ice in a small cup. as it waters down, it becomes an iced Americano. Sometimes I add an ounce or two of milk.

Something about Florida I miss are the cafe con leches. Nothing like 500 calories of espresso, steamed milk, and as much sugar as could possibly be dissolved into the solution. Best served with a guava cheese pastry.

We make those at the store all the time. berkeleyin crack fiends I tell ya. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
2/28/20 8:06 a.m.

Ha, I remember this thread! Thanks canoe!

I got this beast to replace my stupid Keurig 2.0 about a month ago:

It's a Ninja Coffee Bar CM401. It's a drip machine, but it has a different drip head than the usual ones, and somehow, that makes a difference. It also has an "over ice" setting that works far better than expected. Both hot and iced coffee are amazing on this machine. It makes better coffee than the coffee places around here! I've only gotten coffee out once since I bought it and that's only because I left my travel mug on the counter that day.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/28/20 8:12 a.m.

I had a ninja coffee bar.  I broke quickly and the warranty was worthless.  It rests on a shelf in the garage.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/28/20 8:15 a.m.

Honestly I just cold brew anymore at home.  I keep a carafe in the refrigerator.  Barring that i love donut land, they're a small local place that's been there for 50 years and I don't do lactose so their used of non dairy creamer works well with my stomach 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/28/20 8:26 a.m.

I prefer hot coffee and load it up with flavored creamer and a bit o sugar.  Jack's has good iced coffee here in the south

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/28/20 8:46 a.m.

In the time since I created this post, I've been cut back to only drinking half caffeinated coffee by my doctor. My body still wants 6-8 cups a day out of habit. I did get a Keurig at a garage sale for $10 that we use mostly for company, but I will also use it on mornings when I just don't have time to run my percolator. I only buy pods on clearance though. I brew a pod of regular and a pod of decaf, then pour them both into my big travel mug. Not the best coffee, but still definitely coffee.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
2/28/20 9:16 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

That sucks! I hope this one lasts a while. I've had good luck with Ninja/Shark stuff recently.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/28/20 9:20 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

I had a ninja coffee bar.  I broke quickly and the warranty was worthless.  It rests on a shelf in the garage.

What'cha saving it for?  Gonna part it out? cheeky

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/28/20 9:49 a.m.

Keurig sucks. Not enough grounds to make a cup. 

Most consumer drip makers won't get hot enough either. If you want to do drip coffee right, get a moccamaster. Or, get a commercial maker like a Bunn. 

All that being said, I have a Black and Decker. I think I got it at a garage sale. But I have my eye out for a MoccaMaster. 

I also want to get one of these:

No, I have no realistic use for it, I just think it would be cool. But I have a DeWalt battery ecosystem, so I'm not adding another brand to the mix. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/28/20 10:11 a.m.
mtn said:

I also want to get one of these:

No, I have no realistic use for it, I just think it would be cool. But I have a DeWalt battery ecosystem, so I'm not adding another brand to the mix. 

Now to wait for the Snap-On version at triple the price.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
2/28/20 10:54 a.m.
Patrick said:

Even though 4 year old canoe thread, dunkin deeznuts coffee is still trash.  So are their donuts.  

Nope.  I love Dunkin' coffee.  It's my second favorite, next to Wawa.  For medical reasons, I only drink decaf, and they have really good stuff.  A hot Dunkin' coffee with a shot of toasted almond is my go to.  Wife and I go every Saturday for a cup of coffee at our local Dunkin'.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/28/20 11:39 a.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

It made great coffee.  but couldn't handle our hard water and no amount of cleaning could help, then the pump stopped.. 

Anyways we bought a vertuoline.  its expensive but good.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/28/20 11:45 a.m.

Wawa?  I live in the heart of Wawa country and I think they make the worst coffee around.  So bad I won't drink it except in desperation.  It's never strong enough by half, and what they call French Roast wouldn't pass for anything darker than a gentle morning blend anywhere else.

Of course, personal tastes are personal.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/28/20 11:49 a.m.

If my coffee can't be chewed, its its not strong enough. 

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
2/28/20 12:35 p.m.
Duke said:

Wawa?  I live in the heart of Wawa country and I think they make the worst coffee around.  So bad I won't drink it except in desperation.  It's never strong enough by half, and what they call French Roast wouldn't pass for anything darker than a gentle morning blend anywhere else.

Of course, personal tastes are personal.

I think that has a lot to do with it.  How "strong" do you like your coffee?  I don't want mine to be brown water, but I also don't want it to be sludge.  It's why I love Wawa.  Not only do I love the taste, it's just the right strength...even in decaf...the flavor is strong enough but not overpowering.  For the same reason, I won't drink Starbucks, even if I were desperate.  It's nothing but sludge in a cup.  Worst stuff ever brewed. 

Then again, I also like my coffee more on the blonde side than the black side.  I use creamer and Splenda. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ElI2MDKxuWw5e0nanqZEqiwOYZgkuEXbIP5BwPcAfcSEjL8VQBsoqpNidumXWjHo