yamaha
yamaha UberDork
6/21/13 10:24 a.m.

In Seattle......

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/3882592788.html

I had to flag this for best of craigslist.....

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/21/13 10:30 a.m.

Well, that would work for the Brown County scooter drags.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/21/13 10:30 a.m.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
6/21/13 10:32 a.m.

I have the weirdest boner right now.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf HalfDork
6/21/13 10:35 a.m.

LOL. This was put together by the same guys that did the infamous Grand Am ad a year ago or so.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
6/21/13 10:54 a.m.

I never thought I needed a moped to prove my manliness...until now

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Reader
6/21/13 11:13 a.m.

Awesome. I want to know how they do that kind of formatting on Craigslist. While I have no aspirations to take my ads quite that far, I would certainly like to learn how to get some more elaborate ads.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/21/13 11:21 a.m.

I think its just image tags? Like [ img]http://images.com[ /img], using the URL of wherever the ad image is hosted online? I may be mistaken, but I think thats how it works...

Teqnyck
Teqnyck Reader
6/21/13 11:40 a.m.

It's funny and eye catching and all that, but I can't help but think that's a loooot of work for 50 bucks.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
6/21/13 11:43 a.m.

Best
ad
ever
!

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
6/21/13 12:22 p.m.

Same guys that did this ad last year:

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
6/21/13 12:47 p.m.
Mezzanine wrote: Awesome. I want to know how they do that kind of formatting on Craigslist. While I have no aspirations to take my ads quite that far, I would certainly like to learn how to get some more elaborate ads.

This appears to have been an image made up in Photoshop and posted with a link.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Reader
6/21/13 3:43 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote:
Mezzanine wrote: Awesome. I want to know how they do that kind of formatting on Craigslist. While I have no aspirations to take my ads quite that far, I would certainly like to learn how to get some more elaborate ads.
This appears to have been an image made up in Photoshop and posted with a link.

So just HTML tags? Because if they just uploaded that as an image, it certainly wouldn't format that way. Here I always thought HTML was verboten on Craigslist, but I'm not sure why I've always assumed that.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
6/21/13 3:48 p.m.

You are being fooled by some strategic use of shadow and white space. That is one large picture made up to look like it has multiple parts. It's rectangular, even though it doesn't look like it. You can see the actual dimensions below (note white space border)

Certainly attention getting, but might actual scare some people away (of course those people may not be able to handle such a beast anyway...)

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Reader
6/21/13 4:17 p.m.

Yeah, I get that it is a single image... Just didn't know how to get Craigslist to post a single image full size like that, because it certainly doesn't show up that way when you upload images to their servers.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
6/21/13 4:27 p.m.

hmmm, not sure. Maybe it's a size restriction and he makes sure the .jpg is small enough (uses more compression)?

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
6/21/13 8:15 p.m.

Umm...that's a scooter not a MoPed. No pedels, no MoPed.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/21/13 9:41 p.m.

I think if craigslist is hosting the image, meaning you upload it to them, then they restrict the size. If you are hosting the image elsewhere, like photobucket, you can make it larger.
All of the used car dealerships do it that way here. They host the "image" on their site, which looks like a big ad like that one, and just link the image on craigslist rather than uploading it.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
6/22/13 12:08 a.m.

I believe you are correct. The image looks like it's hosted on imgur.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
reQ9XeQTNsRzVp0InQw3fSxiUhrzSnVt4WPGmnnsdEhjmrkgWM0GcZNUWBLvFS8r