1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
3/17/11 7:38 a.m.

In reply to ShadowSix:

I was living in Tacoma, Wa and a 65 Beetle showed up. It was bearly a parts car. I gave it to a friend.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
3/17/11 9:01 a.m.
Lugnut wrote: When you can pretty accurately date the Google Earth image of your house because of what cars were in the driveway...

Guilty!

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/11 9:45 a.m.
ReverendDexter wrote:
Lugnut wrote: When you can pretty accurately date the Google Earth image of your house because of what cars were in the driveway...
Guilty!

Me too.

egnorant
egnorant Dork
3/17/11 10:33 a.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote:
ReverendDexter wrote:
Guilty!
Me too.

And I knew it was morning because I had the Bugeye in the car washing spot!

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
3/17/11 10:37 a.m.

You know you're GRM when you're at a funeral for the wifes' grandfather, and you spot a minty clean EGT in the parking lot of the church (a rarity in MN, most rotted out YEARS ago) and you wander over in full dress gear and give it a once over.

Jay_W
Jay_W HalfDork
3/17/11 10:51 a.m.

"When you stop counting your time as valuable but somehow make a mountain out of the price of everyone else's labor." This. In friggen spades. When your race car is the same make/model as your street car, and you justify it by "needing only one spares supply". When you start mixnmatching parts like gearboxes and such from other cars into your race car in an effort to make it reliable enough to actually finish an event, to the point where you need 2 separate parts piles, and you don't care cuz "think of all the money I've saved by not using that fancy race-only stuff". Wait. Maybe that sort of thing just means I'm stupid.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/17/11 12:52 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: It blows your mind when somebody spends $130 on brand name mud flaps when you showed them how to make better ones for $20. I'm looking at you Subaru owners. Stop being berkeleying stupid!

I must have missed this. How?

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
3/17/11 1:17 p.m.

Close!

Jay_W wrote: When your race car is the same make/model as your street car, and you justify it by "needing only one spares supply".

When your race car is the same make/model as your street car, and you justify it because that means driving to work every day is practice!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
3/17/11 6:56 p.m.
egnorant wrote:
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote:
ReverendDexter wrote:
Guilty!
Me too.
And I knew it was morning because I had the Bugeye in the car washing spot!

My GE image shows the 'irons' for my last rotary rebuild on a stand on the driveway outside the shop. The paint was baking in my oven (sunlight).

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
3/17/11 7:02 p.m.
xci_ed6 wrote: Photobucket I put a rug down

I wish I could find the picture of my TT600 Yamaha in the kitchen with kittens climbing on it.

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
3/17/11 7:12 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote:
Guilty!

GE won't zoom in far enough on my house.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
3/17/11 8:55 p.m.
NickF40 wrote: Mini, what's your address haha

I won't tell, but here's a screen shot of it:

erasmus229
erasmus229 Reader
3/17/11 10:27 p.m.

when you get excited the junk yard has a new donor for the daily driver

or when you'd rather be scared E36 M3less at 50 mph than go 100mph

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
3/17/11 11:43 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote:
Or whose
GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
3/18/11 9:08 a.m.

When you are excited all day that gf called and said the washing machine broke, just because you get to take it apart later.

-Related, you rent a house so you won't have to deal with fixing things when they break, but do so anyway because its faster, and you don't have to wait for someone else to show up.

You have more than one piece of furniture made from used racing slicks.

You carry enough tools and parts in your DD to fix everything from a weedeater to a tractor trailer.

When trips aren't as fun in a reliable newer car because you always know when you are going to get there.

You take different routes to the same place every time, just to see if there are any new cars for sale on front lawns.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
3/18/11 10:03 a.m.

Your prioritized list of leisure time reading looks like this:

1. GRM

2. GRM Message board

3. Craigslist

4. Factory Service manuals

5. Model specific boards

6. Other car magazines

madpanda
madpanda New Reader
3/18/11 10:08 a.m.
GhiaMonster wrote: -Related, you rent a house so you won't have to deal with fixing things when they break, but do so anyway because its faster, and you don't have to wait for someone else to show up.

Guilty! The added advantage is that you get an excuse to buy more tools. I just got a caulking gun for the bath tub in my rental apartment.

Leach
Leach GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/11 11:15 a.m.

The wife calls with good news/ bad news. Someone hit her car at work, punched a hole in the front bumper, and took off. Good news pik a part has three that look good, one the right color. Same car has better armrest, factory fog lights and a decent 1/4 panel to patch her's if they'll let me cut it up.

dkarthik
dkarthik New Reader
3/18/11 3:14 p.m.

When You start writing things like this:

http://protophile1.blogspot.com/2011/01/thank-you-love.html

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
3/18/11 3:45 p.m.
GhiaMonster wrote: You carry enough tools and parts in your DD to fix everything from a weedeater to a tractor trailer.

Guilty as charged. My Taurus DD/beatertron has been nicknamed "the portable toolbox" because it's easier for me to keep a pile of stuff in there as opposed to my apartment.

Jake
Jake HalfDork
3/18/11 3:57 p.m.
GhiaMonster wrote: You carry enough tools and parts in your DD to fix everything from a weedeater to a tractor trailer.

I've actually been using a car that's got a transmission on the way out as a lockable storage shed for a few months. Is that GRM or hillbilly?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/11 6:11 p.m.
Jake wrote:
I've actually been using a car that's got a transmission on the way out as a lockable storage shed for a few months. Is that GRM or hillbilly?

Yes.

When friends call from BJ's to see what wt oil you use because they hae an extra Mobil 1 coupon. And they threw in a few bottles of Prestone deicer washer fluid since you always top theirs off when they come by to change their oil.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/19/11 4:25 p.m.

Two unaffiliated people give you the same gift for the same birthday...a metal plaque that says "If I have Duct tape, I can fix anything"

huge-O-chavez
huge-O-chavez SuperDork
3/19/11 5:58 p.m.

When someone saw my copy of GRM at work and said it looked like I subscribed to "Obscure motorsports Quarterly"

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
3/19/11 8:25 p.m.

you use extra/worn out car parts as 'decorations' in your living room.

Wheels make good end tables, lugnuts makes good paper weights, and have you ever looked at a burned out headlight from an econoline van? They are strangely good looking on top of a bookcase.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
skUCjPsbOAwMhyTfz4UTxz8g2Lu2KngOQtLpiOix5F0zOxNG1ypHY4ayNcljvmhw