1 ... 7 8 9
calteg
calteg Reader
7/26/11 9:12 p.m.

You bring home a barely running long bed project truck because, hey, while it's on jack stands I can store parts underneath AND in the bed!

you buy parts for cars you MIGHT one day own. Then justify it to the wife with "but I could MAKE money selling these...it's an investment!"

nderwater
nderwater Dork
7/26/11 9:36 p.m.

Back in college I started reading GRM, so the first performance mods I ever considered buying were adjustable Koni's for my Saturn. The car was demolished from behind before I got the chance so instead I upgraded my ride - to a tuned E30. Next I joined the BMW club and started doing track days and it's all been downhill from there

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
7/26/11 10:12 p.m.

When I'd finished a test drive of an awesome C5 Z06 and got back into my supercharged Miata and realized I was just as happy in something a fraction of the price.

jmk015
jmk015 New Reader
12/10/15 11:54 a.m.

When you buy a crappy house with a nice corner lot, just because there's plenty of room to build a big detached garage and put in a second driveway.

When your girlfriend asks you, on your day off, if you're going to the junkyard.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
12/10/15 12:02 p.m.

I can't even look at a car without thinking about how to make it handle better. Hell, the only car we own with LESS than-2.5 camber is the wife's Subaru. And that's only because I ran out of time.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
12/10/15 12:07 p.m.

When you recognize user names in this five year old thread and wonder why they don't come around anymore.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
12/10/15 12:39 p.m.

When you read through a 4-5 year old thread instead of skipping to the end to get to the new post.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
12/10/15 12:40 p.m.

You are GRM when you wonder why the local pick-n-pull doesn't offer season tickets.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/10/15 12:43 p.m.

You know your GRM when you recognize user names in the five year old thread and you know why they don't come around anymore...

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
12/10/15 5:39 p.m.

When you participate in enabling someone to buy that obscure, seemingly hopeless car- because you have (at least) one car in your garage that is just as hopeless.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/11/15 7:32 a.m.

You know you're GRM when none of your friends have ever said, "No you can't do that" or "That's not a very good idea".

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/11/15 8:42 a.m.
Woody wrote: You know you're GRM when none of your friends have ever said, "No you can't do that" or "That's not a very good idea".

... but your wife says those words often enough.

You know you're GRM when you go to a city for the first time, post on a message board that you're going to be there and have people in that area make you feel welcome and at home.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/11/15 8:58 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: You know you're GRM when you go to a city for the first time *and adjust your Craigslist search radius...*
stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/11/15 9:20 a.m.

You know you are GRM when your daily Craigslist browsing includes Atlanta, and you live in Washington state.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/11/15 9:25 a.m.
Woody wrote: You know you're GRM when you go to a city for the first time *and adjust your Craigslist search radius...*

That totally happened, too. Too much rust in Ohio, though.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/11/15 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy:

At least you weren't in Cleveland.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Reader
12/11/15 10:45 a.m.

I knew I was GRM from the first moment I wrapped my hands around my dad's 911's steering wheel... at age 3

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
12/11/15 11:34 a.m.

The word "Berk it" enters your vocabulary

You care deeply about if you are dorky enough for the audience

A Zamboni on a slalom course does not raise an eyebrow

You worry about if a guy is going to make his date with his painter for his build project

You have watched someone's kids hatch and grow up while they build their project

You know the self delusional agony of uttering the words "Next year I AM going to make the challenge"

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
12/11/15 12:04 p.m.

I didnt choose the GRM life, the GRM life chose me.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/11/15 12:22 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: The word "Berk it" enters your vocabulary

i just told my boss "Berk THAT crap..." and then caught myself

calteg
calteg HalfDork
12/11/15 3:53 p.m.

The realtor's 2 page email about what you want in a house is answered with one sentence: "three car garage, minimum"

You hit a deer and your first thought is "sweet, an excuse to hit the pick'n'pull!" Your second thought is "I bet I can repair this for less than $100..."

Your friend's conversation starter is always "So what cars do you own now?"

also, motion to change GRM's name to "Obscure Motorsports Quarterly"

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
12/11/15 3:55 p.m.
calteg wrote: also, motion to change GRM's name to "Obscure Motorsports Quarterly"

I object! "Quarterly" means it will only come every 3 months, i want more!

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bYN5NyPM5I70FIgTRbErEEavTCY9h7LWF88gRcHFRjt7CxgLMcCl3tydZYzqHyCQ