1 2 3 4
Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/20/19 11:50 a.m.

I keep seeing "your" put in place of "you're" and it's driving me nuts.  Call me whatever you want (Grammar Nazi?) but I had to say something.  Their, there, and they're, are bad ones too.  Speaking of "too"....

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/20/19 11:52 a.m.

DUDE.... your going too need two look at you're breaks. I seen their bad.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
9/20/19 11:53 a.m.

How do you feel about the cleft infinitive?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/20/19 11:54 a.m.

proof that the country is going to E36 M3

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/19 11:54 a.m.

I see your angry that its a problem with people, that there spelling this way. Their must be a way too correct this problem irregardless of it's cause, this is a failure two speak English for all intensive purposes.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/19 11:56 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

So your having issues with the usage's of certain pronouns?

You're not alone BTW, the usage or omission of the feral apostrophes is also getting on my nerves.

wae
wae SuperDork
9/20/19 11:57 a.m.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/20/19 11:58 a.m.

There, their, it's going to be alright.

They're not doing it on purpose.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/20/19 12:00 p.m.

The Oxford Comma is the only punctuation that matters.                         KUMITE!

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/20/19 12:01 p.m.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/19 12:01 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Yore write.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/20/19 12:05 p.m.

There are three ways to spell TU!!!

j_tso
j_tso New Reader
9/20/19 12:06 p.m.

This place is Grammar Poland.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
9/20/19 12:08 p.m.
Robbie said:

proof that the country is going to E36 M3

The fact that he made a thread where he outed himself as a Grammar Nazi, or the fact that people actually write like that?

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/20/19 12:15 p.m.

In reply to minivan_racer :

Yes

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/20/19 12:17 p.m.

I have enjoyed the comments, keep them coming.  I think this is the most replies of any thread I've started here.  It's keeping me on my toes about spelling and punctuation, because I know you all would just hate to catch me making a mistake.  Am I really a Nazi though if I'm correct?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/20/19 12:19 p.m.

U shud jst b smiley ppl isn't righting lyk dis. 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
9/20/19 12:27 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Yes and no? I generally don't correct because the people who don't care will just respond with "what does it matter, you know what I mean"

I also look at the comments when I see a mistake and see how long it takes someone to correct the person. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/20/19 12:27 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

I have enjoyed the comments, keep them coming.  I think this is the most replies of any thread I've started here.  It's keeping me on my toes about spelling and punctuation, because I know you all would just hate to catch me making a mistake.  Am I really a Nazi though if I'm correct?

The Nazi's were right on a few things too. Just saying.... ewe may not literally be hitler, but your're literally hitler. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/20/19 12:31 p.m.

I constantly see people type "an" when they mean "and." I admit, it drives me nuts. I also realize the vast majority of the population doesn't earn their living writing like I do. 

So I let it go unless it's a friend and I just want to give them a hard time.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/20/19 12:37 p.m.

I couldnt' read all the comments, there freaking me out. 

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
9/20/19 12:41 p.m.
bobzilla said:

I seen their bad.

:Shudder: crying

The "seen" thing started happening in Oregon about a decade ago and has reached epidemic proportions. Out of the blue my parents started saying "we seen" about 4 years ago. I have no idea where it came from.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/20/19 12:44 p.m.

Personally, when I get done with a post, it's not uncommon for me to immediately reopen it to edit it for grammar or punctuation.

And while we're on the subject, that is one of the observations that I have made about the magazine. The editing is really good. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/20/19 12:45 p.m.
Floating Doc said:

Personally, when I get done with a post, it's not uncommon for me to immediately reopen it to edit it for grammar or punctuation.

There's something about the text boxes specifically on the forum that my autocorrect doesn't work properly with, so I tend to do this fairly often. Until I forget and leave a post in edit for hours on end.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
9/20/19 12:47 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:

In reply to Justjim75 :

So your having issues with the usage's of certain pronouns?

You're not alone BTW, the usage or omission of the feral apostrophes is also getting on my nerves.

Came here to say this very thing.  The apostrophe serve’s a purpose, yo.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NG7qYpW1cW71C9MLMdNGoUOlxKaNo8nO5DvHMQxDy8RoDLTDfdGKRouwPGqfK1Bl