N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
11/19/13 11:40 a.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

I LOL'd.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
11/19/13 11:46 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to novaderrik: When they took him, he was calm and did not put up a fight. I wouldn't consider that an episode of "snapping". I would, though, assume that every little thing he does will be scrutinized far beyond what it needs to be. That and you can't fix stupid.

the "snapping" (allegedly) occurred before the cops showed up. the "(allegedly) pointing a shotgun at his ex girlfriend" part..

i don't think anyone on here can grasp the kind of pressure this guy is under at all times- his every move is being watched and reported by someone and he never asked for nor wanted that kind of attention... like someone already pointed out, it was national news when the guy got a speeding ticket a few weeks after the not guilty verdict...

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
11/19/13 11:58 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

NASA event? If so I know who you're talking about.

Some people just enjoy being groveled to.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
11/19/13 12:01 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to novaderrik: When they took him, he was calm and did not put up a fight. I wouldn't consider that an episode of "snapping". I would, though, assume that every little thing he does will be scrutinized far beyond what it needs to be. That and you can't fix stupid.
the "snapping" (allegedly) occurred before the cops showed up. the "(allegedly) pointing a shotgun at his ex girlfriend" part.. i don't think anyone on here can grasp the kind of pressure this guy is under at all times- his every move is being watched and reported by someone and he never asked for nor wanted that kind of attention... like someone already pointed out, it was national news when the guy got a speeding ticket a few weeks after the not guilty verdict...

Remember, it's still all his fault. He's always guilty all the time baby.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
11/19/13 7:06 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: That and you can't fix stupid.

This has been my theory on Zman all along. Didn't (and still don't) think he's a cold blooded murderer, but he is an idiot. Public scrutiny and celebrity don't usually improve stupid. (I'm lookin' at you Kanye)

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
11/19/13 7:23 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: ...Public scrutiny and celebrity don't usually improve stupid. (I'm lookin' at you Kanye)

Oh yeah! Did YOU think up the leather jogging pants!?!?. I didn't think so!

(the man is a legend / genius in his own mind)

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/19/13 7:50 p.m.
yamaha wrote: I hear a concrete mixer firing up......

Puhlease. I did 5 years of my life in Sanford. It is understood that he, and anyone he encounters there, is an idiot.

Margie

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
11/19/13 9:45 p.m.

I think the truth here is pretty simple. Zman is an idiot. An idiot who likes guns. An idiot who courts confrontation.

We have now 3 separate incidents, and I'm sure more to come, of him being accused of similar acts by 3 different people, by my understanding.

Is he the only idiot out there? No. But it seems less and less likely he's the outstanding second amendment patriot some wanted him to be.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/19/13 10:58 p.m.

In reply to bastomatic:

Who has said he was?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
11/20/13 8:24 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to bastomatic: Who has said he was?

+1. I don't know anyone who said that. Yet those that wanted to hang him from a tree seem to think that anyone NOT wanting to hang him from a tree thought he was the epitome of awesomeness and all that is right with the world.

NO ONE said that.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
11/20/13 10:02 a.m.
noodle wrote: All it takes is for a vindictive wife or a bitch girl friend to call the cops and tell a lie and the next thing you know, you're in jail.

This is normally a rarity and massively blown out of proportion AFAIK. Though in this case, I'm willing to bet 50/50 odds between this being a case of some trashy bitch trying to get her 15 minutes, versus Zimmerman just being an aggressive shiny happy person with control issues.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/20/13 11:37 a.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote:
noodle wrote: All it takes is for a vindictive wife or a bitch girl friend to call the cops and tell a lie and the next thing you know, you're in jail.
This is normally a rarity and massively blown out of proportion AFAIK. Though in this case, I'm willing to bet 50/50 odds between this being a case of some trashy bitch trying to get her 15 minutes, versus Zimmerman just being an aggressive shiny happy person with control issues.

Yeah, I'd say there is a good chance his girlfriend is not exactly on the up and up, she seems a bit out of his league.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2013/11/how-does-george-zimmerman-get-a-hot-girlfriend-to-almost-shoot/

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
11/20/13 11:45 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: +1. I don't know anyone who said that. Yet those that wanted to hang him from a tree seem to think that anyone NOT wanting to hang him from a tree thought he was the epitome of awesomeness and all that is right with the world. NO ONE said that.

THIS. Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is an idiot and a dick. But I also think that there is a fairly large faction in whose best interest it is to make sure his every transgression, both real and imaginary, gets amplified as much as possible.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/20/13 2:15 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: +1. I don't know anyone who said that. Yet those that wanted to hang him from a tree seem to think that anyone NOT wanting to hang him from a tree thought he was the epitome of awesomeness and all that is right with the world. NO ONE said that.
THIS. Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is an idiot and a dick. But I also think that there is a fairly large faction in whose best interest it is to make sure his every transgression, both real and imaginary, gets amplified as much as possible.

I think you're both right. Extremists on both sides have a vested interest in painting this guy as either a white hat hero or a black hat villain.

I'll bet somewhere in the middle lies the truth with allowances to either side of normal guy driven crazy by media scrutiny or total a$$hole being outed by media scrutiny.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/20/13 3:34 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: I think you're both right. Extremists on both sides have a vested interest in painting this guy as either a white hat hero or a black hat villain. I'll bet somewhere in the middle lies the truth with allowances to either side of normal guy driven crazy by media scrutiny, a total a$$hole being outed by media scrutiny, or attention seeking broads.

FTFY

SCARR
SCARR Reader
11/20/13 3:39 p.m.

I will play devil's advocate (because I like that) and say:

so, he calmed down, and realized his best bet is be cool when the cops arrive. it doesn't mean he wasn't going batE36 M3 crazy when she left the house. I know I can calm down in mere seconds.. why not he in a much longer time than me?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
11/20/13 3:53 p.m.

Gonna quote the second episode of the first season of Justified
(Fantastic show BTW)

Art: I got a call this morning from AUSA David Vasquez. Wants to talk to you about you shooting Boyd Crowder.
Raylan: What's there to talk about? He pulled first. There was a witness.
Art: But you see, ten days ago you shot a man in Miami. Put it like this: you were in the first grade; bit a kid every week? They'd start to think of you as a biter.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/20/13 6:59 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: This is normally a rarity and massively blown out of proportion AFAIK. Though in this case, I'm willing to bet 50/50 odds between this being a case of some trashy bitch trying to get her 15 minutes, versus Zimmerman just being an aggressive shiny happy person with control issues.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ggpMo3bhi52xhH3mTtST0k0MA3eGaX24u9WrH9z4zMKsRh0bLWJ5VlDq5lxY0ugY