speed42
speed42 New Reader
5/15/18 5:40 p.m.

Hi - 

I have a 1971 240Z that I built as a track car.  I started with a fairly clean California car that had some small right front damage.  It was completely stripped and built up.  I really am a fan of the 510 and 240Z in the early 70's SCCA vibe and generally followed a BRE, Bob Sharp kind of build.  It has a cage, racing seats and belts.  Everything to make the car street legal exists except the horn.  I have enjoyed the car greatly but I feel like its time to move on to other projects.  

Some of the details.  Built 2.8L, flat top pistons, cam, header, triple Mikunis 48s.  5 Speed and a limited slip from a late model Subaru WRX.  Arizona Z Car Coil Overs, Koni adjustable inserts with stock disc brakes up front and rear disc conversion.  Fuelsafe Fuel cell with Aeromotive electric pump.  Stock electric pickup distributor driving an MSD box.  RacePak G2X Datalogger and Digital Dash.  

I thought the Grassroots community might "get" this car better than the general public.

There are some build pics at www.anscoracing.com - or I can send you more.

This is a well sorted, track ready car.  It has paint chips and few nicks and a couple small dents.  Usually from track debris.

I'm open to offers but starting at $20,000.

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/15/18 8:29 p.m.

Beautiful car at a fair price. Very similar to what I want my 240Z to end up looking like. Everyone puts fender flares on their Zs nowadays but I much prefer the look of them without flares. GLWS!

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
5/16/18 6:54 a.m.

Absolutely beautiful

caffeine357
caffeine357 New Reader
5/16/18 8:45 a.m.

man, that thing is awesome glws

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
5/16/18 10:16 a.m.

What is that paint color?  Looks like it could be Porsche Dalmatian Blue .  Love that color.

speed42
speed42 New Reader
5/16/18 12:32 p.m.

The paint color is called Lazer Blue Metallic.  Its a blue metallic pearl base coat with that kind of shimmering effect.

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
5/17/18 12:45 p.m.

That is a beautiful car.  I wish I had known about that a month ago, before I bought another car.

speed42
speed42 New Reader
5/22/18 9:02 p.m.

Hi - I just added a number of photos that I took today (5/22/18) to this page of my website.

http://www.anscoracing.com/1971-datsun-240z/

This should give you a very in depth view of the current condition of the car.

Thanks

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QySHZjmzGmwledYr5EuiazKzZC7yahvLoCibAIVVlGSJbUJBrHEpfQ9i0G8dc1E1