dbgrubbs
dbgrubbs Reader
7/5/18 7:46 p.m.

SOLD  SOLD SOLD

Mine, totally affiliated.

This car is not pristine, has needs but makes a good daily driver or weekend car. No mechanical issues whatsoever.

64K miles. I'm the 3rd owner. Does not leak oil, coolant or any fluids.  Red with black interior. Porsche 944 seats. Drivers seat has been reupholstered, passenger has not but upholstery comes with the car.

I bought this car about 9 years ago and had a little over 35K miles on it. It was not running (blown fuel pump) and had a stopped up oil pickup. Both of those items were long ago fixed along with a timing belt, water pump, cam seals, etc. Car had a head on with a deer shortly after being put on the road. Finally found a donor front end (clamshell). There was only fiberglass damage in the accident.

Upgrades: BCN shifter cables, Bob Brown short shifter, Piper precat eliminator, Bob Brown front brake conversion (subaru rotors, saturn calipers), Fiero low temp fan switch, Top End Performance blow off valve and intake piping, Kingsborne plug wires, Mercedes auxiliary water pump, full Samco coolant hose kit, O2 sensor, braided turbo oil line and also an Everest chip. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. I have all the original parts except the seats.  Passenger side window regulator has been repaired and both windows have new sweeps.

Paint is NOT in good condition. Clear coat is peeling all over and the red is different shades on different panels. Kenwood  HD stereo with upgraded speakers, all gauges work, AC works but needs recharging (R12), fairly new Firestone tires (maybe 1500 miles on them), convertible top is in "fair" condition but could use adjusting. Seals are ok. Top leaks (all Elans do) but some may go away after properly adjusting the top.

This car has NEVER failed me. I use it on weekends and occasionally commute with it. It gets around 30 mpg (premium fuel only). It has NO mechanical issues. Clean title. I'm only selling to lighten the load. Too many cars and motorcycles and not enough time to keep up with them all.

Lotus 001 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2960 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2961 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2962 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2963 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2964 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2965 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2970 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2966 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2967 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2972 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2971 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2968 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2969 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2973 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2974 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

DSCN2975 by cdygrubbs, on Flickr

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
7/5/18 11:08 p.m.

Such a cool car!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
7/6/18 7:23 a.m.

Those are almost unicorn status. 

dbgrubbs
dbgrubbs Reader
7/8/18 4:57 p.m.

Added pictures to original post.

stylngle2003
stylngle2003 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/11/18 10:38 a.m.

the porsche seats look awesome in there.  a good friend near me has a red 91 i've done a lot of work on.  The LEC forums used to be a neat/enthusiastic place to hang out when it was my business to work on them.  we also did the bob brown rotors (wilwood calipers), a new downpipe, and the switcher chip.  plus nitron coilovers.  it's a very quick and engaging car to drive.  good luck with sale, these are very robust!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/11/18 6:22 p.m.

yeah, so cool. I wish I was in a position to take this off your hands.

Talk about a really neat car you can enjoy and drive and still have it appreciate (though maybe quite slowly).

dbgrubbs
dbgrubbs Reader
7/13/18 4:09 p.m.

SOLD

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
7/18/18 9:10 a.m.

Congrats, I'm friends with the new owner and he posted photos yesterday on FB.  Its in good hands.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eRQ3vihuwomSX4WzrTfWbaZbFtPceg3jAkX51USSaDNpyykmVDLWQ1n82lKLlspJ