Hoondavan
Hoondavan Reader
8/16/18 10:33 a.m.

My wife decided she wants a Wrangler (likely a YJ), so we're looking to sell the family beach cruiser.  We bought it from the original owner about 18 months ago.  He's a diesel mechanic who bought it new in FL and took very good care of it.  This is the spec you want:  V8 351 Windsor 4x4 w/WARN manual locking hubs.   With +220k miles it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.  I wouldn't use this one as a restoration candidate...but it's presentable, well cared for, and would be really nice with a new front fender and a little bondo on the rear wheel arches (my opinion). 

The Good:. Recent mechanical work includes water pump, brake lines, shocks and springs, tailgate window seals. Working 4wd. AC is ice cold. Newer stereo and speakers with Aux-in. The interior is extremely clean. It's driven daily.  90% of the paint looks amazing.  The owner added a bracket to the back of the roof so you can use a Thule rain gutter roof rack.  It does have a towing package, but the only towing it's done has been the prior owner's paddleboard trailer (or so I've been told).

The less good:
It's an old truck and there is some rust, so take a look at the pictures. It spent a few years in Vermont, and it shows.     Slow oil leak from the rear main seal.  I don't typically add oil between oil changes, so it's not too bad.  The tailgate window motor works, but the safety switch is a little wonky, so it's disconnected (we just direct wire it when it needs to go up/down pretty simple). [EDIT:   Tailgate motor has been rewired and now works flawlessly]

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
8/16/18 10:37 a.m.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
8/17/18 11:30 a.m.

Second best year of Bronco with the best engine option.  Lol, mines a 96 so I'm partial.  Free bump, good luck with sale

Hoondavan
Hoondavan New Reader
8/27/18 12:51 p.m.

Still for sale.  I had the wiring in the tailgate fixed, so that's now working fine.  The wife is having second thoughts about selling it.  Also open to trades for interesting 4x4s (YJ Wranglers w/soft tops preferred).  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan Reader
9/25/18 8:33 a.m.

Still for sale, and the wife wants it sold.  I think 1/2 the people I've spoken to about it are looking to buy it for their teenage kids as a daily.  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan Reader
10/5/18 12:48 p.m.

Still available and open to offers from the GRM clan.

I'm open to trades for wacky cars that would be fun to rallycross or autocross.  Must be RWD or AWD and manual transmission.

Wife bought a replacement wrangler.  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan Reader
10/5/18 1:47 p.m.

I can drive it to the Challenge, if that helps.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan Reader
10/31/18 10:38 a.m.

SOLD.  It took a little longer than I had expected, but eventually found a buyer who prioritized the mechanical condition over the aesthetics.  The buyer had a 96 bronco a few years back and regretted selling it.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CaEWetifW05lifJeM7ccPdmuPWvGZrLumP386uOnc5KBSS36fz6zopYIJkvQ0bwn