AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/20/18 10:07 a.m.

2004 BMW ZHP – Asking $5300obo

I bought this car in December 2017 to be my daily driver, but now I am looking to get back into a miata and free up some funds. The car runs great, and I do drive it most days to work still so mileage will go up.

PICTURES HERE: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ELNoaZsAdRn2e5FJ8

173k miles

6-speed manual

Alcantara Interior

Heated sport seats

eBay headers - Still have stock headers

D2S 4.0 retrofit bi-xenon headlights. The ZKW headlight projectors have been replaced. (projector bowls burn commonly)

PA Inspected.

New Exterior Air Temp Sensor

Fresh Oil Change.

Yellow Fog Lights.

Cold A/C.

Currently has LED taillights, I also have stock Red/Amber/Red or Euro Red/Clear/Red tails that could be included.

The Bad:

-Driver's bolster has one hole worn through.

-Pillar fabrics need re-glued

-Crack in front bumper near passenger fog light.

-Damage on rear wheel wells from previous owner.

-Currently has check engine light for rear O2 sensors. Was going to put in O2 sensor defoulers, but I haven't gotten there yet.

-Could use Rear trailing arm bushings and an alignment.

I think that’s everything, if I remember anything else I will add it!

I will also include most of the parts needed to swap an e46 M3 rear in. It had one when I bought the car, but the diff output bearings were shot so I put it back to stock. LSD was nice, and the gear ratio gave good acceleration, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the stock diff.

AWSX1686
6/26/18 11:05 a.m.

Bump. My price is negotiable, especially for a GRMer that won't be a pain in the rear to sell to. Would like this gone so I can move on to another car I have my eyes on. 

AWSX1686
6/28/18 12:03 p.m.

Price lowered everywhere else posted to $6000, about to lower even more. Can make a really good deal for a GRMer. 

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
6/28/18 7:06 p.m.

Do you have maintenance records for it?  Cooling system, DISA... does it have rust underneath... is the subframe ok? 

Your profile is accurate - PA?

Thanks!

AWSX1686
6/29/18 7:47 a.m.
mikeatrpi said:

Do you have maintenance records for it?  Cooling system, DISA... does it have rust underneath... is the subframe ok? 

Your profile is accurate - PA?

Thanks!

I really don't have any records. 

Cooling system was supposedly re-done by the PO. I replaced the thermostat because it was stuck open a bit, so would run cool and not have heat. Since then no issues. 

Rust, not really a problem, can get underside pictures if there's interest.

Rear subframe mounts, totally fine. As I said in the first post I swapped the rear end back to stock so while I was in there I inspected the subframe area well and there are no signs of cracking. I have pictures somewhere. 

Yes, I am in PA. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
6/30/18 8:38 a.m.

This is a killer deal.  Seems underpriced and id be all over it had I not just bought a fun car. 

AWSX1686
7/2/18 7:50 a.m.
jfryjfry said:

This is a killer deal.  Seems underpriced and id be all over it had I not just bought a fun car. 

Thanks. Too many haters elsewhere on the interwebs have said that it is too overpriced. Like anything, it's worth what a buyer is willing to pay! Part of me is thinking about keeping it until after my wedding in August and the GRM challenge in October. Too much going on right now, too many things to do, not enough time. 

scardeal
scardeal SuperDork
7/2/18 10:44 a.m.

If it was 1300 miles or so southeast, I'd be all over this.

AWSX1686
7/2/18 11:43 a.m.
scardeal said:

If it was 1300 miles or so southeast, I'd be all over this.

Fly and drive? ;P

davral64
davral64 New Reader
7/3/18 12:07 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :

Hey, I'm interested but won't be back in the states until mid-August.  I do have a few questions if you don't mind.

Is the car in PA? 

It looks like there's rust developing on the dent in the L/R is that correct? 

Have you had the codes pulled for the check engine?  That indicator comes on for a lot of stuff, not just O2s.

Re the rear ctrl arm bushes- it the rear moving around or are they just getting sloppy?

Thanks!

AWSX1686
7/3/18 7:57 a.m.

Pending pickup tonight. 

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
7/3/18 1:49 p.m.

Oh thank God, I have been trying to justify a 10-hour round trip drive for this.  The car sure looks like a good value for somebody.

AWSX1686
7/5/18 9:07 a.m.
mikeatrpi said:

Oh thank God, I have been trying to justify a 10-hour round trip drive for this.  The car sure looks like a good value for somebody.

It sold Tuesday night, but then I made a 10 hour round trip drive to go get another cheap e28... lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bYmmiBhGW5sZeLW0BqP88XazzaUlymbm2JKpmjt02RU6WQnemSHKEgPt1SV0Zoiz