1 2
Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
11/15/17 11:00 a.m.

So, since we have more kids now *4 as of January*, are moving *bigger house, 4 car garage*, and the MIL is moved in with her ride *2500 GMC* PLUS it sounds like the BIL may be taking the Garage apt at the new place *He's driving a RAV4* we are looking at selling the 06 standard people mover edition Mustang GT.  And maybe the 04 Merc E320 Wagon and move towards a good up to date people mover like a 67 Ford Galaxie 500.

I bought the car this past year as a daily, I put 80-100 miles a day on it going to and from work.  It performs admirably.  Drove to Florida for Vacation this summer and not a hiccup one. 

Currently the car has 167,500 miles, which will climb as it is my daily at the moment. 

Options on Car:

Premium car

Aftermarket Stereo

UPR hood pins

UPR tubular K member

Koni Yellows

Eibach Sportlines

Some *assumed* UPR short antenna thing.  *honestly, it sucks, I cant pick up local radio well and I live in Houston.  I listen to audible via phone hooked to the radio so I have ignored this*

Currently on GT500 china wheels 18x10 all around with new 255 tires *yes, they are small.  I got them to get me going since the tires on the car when I got it were corded on one front.  I got some Kumho LE on clearance and was thinking 9" rim and didnt remember till after they shipped.  Car rides great and goes from A-B easily*

Options that are available:

I have a 4 point bolt in roll bar from Autopower *want to run 140mph at Big Bend?, feel safer in HPDE BAM!*

Diablo tuner

Adjustable panhard with relo brackets to lower rear roll center

V6 Rear Sway

RaceTech seat that is out of FIA compliance but in good shape

need to save money?

I have a 2011 Track Pack suspension I can throw on there and keep the Konis to sell

Have the 2011 Track Pack 19" wheels 3 tires are on the wear bars, one is corded. 

Issues:

Front Bumper has paint missing from the center of it.

Car has a miss below 2k RPM.  It has thrown a misfire on 8 *possible coil* that has only come on once.  I havent swapped the coils to see if this is truly what it is.  If you downshift and go, its not an issue.  So, I have largely ignored it. 

Also, if you happen to have a mid-late 60's Galaxie or Fairlane *stacked headlights* and are interested in a trade even potentially for this and a Merc Wagon.  You just give me a holler.  Other interesting cars could be considered depending on awesomeness and my means to convince the wife.

Price is listed at $5800.  Lots of ways to do this, so let me know if interested and we can work from there.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
11/15/17 7:38 p.m.

I would be tempted, but this is somehow the only color of Mustang that makes me physically ill. It's not even Ford's fault, my first several cars were 80's Chryslers in the same color. It hurts my brain to look at it. This would be a spectacular car to buy, bolt in the roll bar and take to One Lap or track days or whatever.

Someone should buy this.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
11/15/17 8:56 p.m.

Plasti-dip is not that difficult I hear.....

Ill extend to one year after what I'm looking for and get Fergus on the road as a daily if your up for a swap Seth.  I'll even bring it by with all my brewd to visit some weekends ;) 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/15/17 10:02 p.m.

That's a lot of car for under $6k.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/16/17 6:43 a.m.

Way too cheap. You guys are sleeping on this one.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/17 2:06 p.m.

Enablers Central says “don’t like the color? Just wrap it!”

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
11/18/17 3:34 p.m.

I washed it today, it looks so much better clean.  Who knew?

I have been asked if I can include all the stuff with it at that price.  Sure, if you want to have a track rat I'll help you get there.  If you WRL the car, I reserve the right to work a deal to run with your team :).  I'll pay for a seat.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
11/29/17 10:36 p.m.

Trade for a 2007 Civic Si sedan? Just throwing that out there.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
12/5/17 4:38 p.m.

No on the Civic Trade.  Probably a smart option, but not what I am going for...

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
12/6/17 10:24 p.m.

No worries. It is neither classic nor a Ford. Are you/the car are located in Texas? If I can sell the Si count me interested. 

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
12/7/17 7:01 p.m.

Both, Located outside of Houston on the West Side of town.

dblackattack
dblackattack None
12/8/17 7:42 a.m.

Once you sell the car, I am interested in the left over suspension bits. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
12/11/17 6:55 a.m.

So I went to autocross yesterday. Turns out I know Thinkkker but I hadn't connected the forum and reality. He tried to sell me this car. He was very convincing but I'm holding out for now. Someone should really buy this so I don't have to. 

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
12/11/17 8:48 a.m.

If you are thinking of a cheap option to do OLOA, think about this car.  Its a tire change away from being a helluva ride. 

My old '06 on Tokico's and Azenis could turn just under 2 minutes at TWS.  With 275 Direzza and AST shocks and higher rate springs it went mid 1:50's out there.  Thats pretty booking I do believe.  Easy to drive, and easy to drive fast.  Want to know the speed it can run?  Look at Spec Iron times and you should be able to get close with some seat time and such.  This car should put more power down than a spec iron car too.

I mean, just saying. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
12/17/17 7:38 p.m.

Drats! Foiled by the yahoo email. I'm seriously interested. I think it should work if you send me a PM? 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/18/17 10:49 a.m.

TCS warning light is on in the dash pic.  Is it faulted or was the TCS OFF button pushed?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
12/18/17 2:30 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

TCS warning light is on in the dash pic.  Is it faulted or was the TCS OFF button pushed?

I noticed that as well and forgot to ask about it. Thanks for the reminder! 

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
12/18/17 5:55 p.m.

TCS button is hit,  thats the only reason.  I will get back ahold.

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
1/18/18 8:04 p.m.

a) Still have this thing?

b) Why hood pins?

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
3/1/18 8:13 a.m.

Ok, time to bump this up, though some changes.

CLynn85:  This car was owned by a guy who worked for UPR.  He used it to do a couple of writeups, so, the hoodpins, and the K-member were done on write-ups and why it has them.  So on the car when I got it.

Currently, the car is back to stock.  I ended up selling the Koni's, Panhard, & roll bar *never installed so no holes in interior* of the car.  Also, it has 171k on the mileage. 

So, a car that was being prepped for Time Trails *all fluids set as synthetic in the last 15-20k*.  For sale.  Would make a GREAT first car for a kid.  Easy to control and even if driven like a fool will mostly keep it together.

New Price $4700.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/1/18 8:20 a.m.

It kills me that this is thousands of miles away. You can’t get v6 mustangs for this price here. 

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
3/1/18 8:49 a.m.

Plan it out, we have not 1 but 2 international airports that are less than an hour from the house.  Plus, Whataburger.  So if you fly in to buy the car, I will offer a free pickup service and Whataburger meal*!

* you must get a hamburger, no psuedo vegetarian option available with this deal.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/18 9:05 a.m.

In reply to Thinkkker :

Interested in an 85 Vette plus a grand cash?

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
3/1/18 9:07 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Have an LS swap?  How stripped is it? *never seen one in good shape of this era :)*

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/18 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Thinkkker :

Rebuilt original L98 with a mild cam & new Holley 650(I still have the full TPI setup). It's otherwise stock with the full interior. I could type paragraphs, but if you want more details it's probably easier to discuss over the phone. It's in the latest issue on page 65 if you want to see a tiny pic of it. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
672cbumT6pmVTuhRaJyzEsndzNIlnONWjp5yNhX4YuoTQtng6Nd2EwaRd8MFOV3g