Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/24/17 4:46 p.m.

Not mine, lots of association.

So, my niece has come to the realization that her truck needs more than she is capable of. I honestly dont have the time and energy, even if she had the money.

I figured i would put it up here before she tries craigslist.  

77 f150 longbed 2wd. 300 six, 3 on the tree, open diff. Power brakes. Thats it. Manual steering, heat only, new bench seat and rubber floor mat. New cd player. Toolbox from a compact truck sitting in the bed.

We cut and welded floor patches in. Little rust in the rear wheel arches. Little rust in the hood edges. Paint is garbage. Tailgate is garbage. 

We rebuilt the carb and column shifter yesterday. New wiper and turn signal switch did not cure the electrical demons. Has autopal e code headlight housings with higher wattage hella bulbs and a relay harness.

Going to need tge column shifter sorted, or converted to floor shift. You can shift it, but it takes a lot of finesse. All the new parts i could get are in it, and its still bad. Comes with new clutch it doesn't need yet.

Turn signals dont work. Brake lights intermittent.  Horn doesnt work. Wipers dont work. Ill still be tinkering with them to see what i can do to make it better before it sells. 

Coming up on needing a front end rebuild.  Tires are fresh Goodyear with about 10k on them.

Truck is located in Albemarle, nc. Wouldn't reccomend a fly and drive, but womt talk you out of it if you're determined. Local market is all over the map, but generally trucks in this shape go for about 3k here.

We may consider a partial trade for a rust free soul sucking appliance.  Carolla, civic, protege, etc. She needs dependable and cheap before she goes to college. 

Pics incoming once i can make the internet respect my authority. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/24/17 6:41 p.m.
gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
9/25/17 7:04 a.m.

77 pickup sheetmetal hasnt looked that good in ohio since 1979. I bet someone in the rust belt will want it. Good luck with the sale.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/25/17 7:32 a.m.

Kind of my thought.  Its a few hunderd bucks and some hours away from being a good truck again.  She just doesnt have the time or money. I dont either. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/25/17 7:50 a.m.

Also, the only place its listed right now is here. Feel free to share. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
9/27/17 10:40 a.m.

We should have jer new truck tomorrow.  So, last call before craigslist. Id rather see it go to one of us though. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/26/17 7:29 a.m.

Let's drop the price to challenge budget.  It needs to go away. 2k obo.

Turn signals and exterior lighting are fixed now. Dash all back together. Comes with new clutch it doesn't need yet.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w0f3wr1uvcO8xJB6GLTdTeQyuT7UuLgsyPvbGSIvRzwVAhZCp9572Nj67jKV6rsP