btz2005
btz2005 New Reader
9/25/17 7:51 p.m.

Howdy all!

Life has given me some tough choices all at once, so I need to part with (NOT PART OUT...) my Vagon.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S82TOYdFVu8kheSI3 

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/6319793380.html

I've dailyed it since 19,xxx miles. Currently has 72,xxx miles.

Crystal Red Metallic, titanium gray interior, roof rails, cargo cover, Hot Rod Black stock wheels, BRAND NEW tires, LED turn signals, LED interior.

D3 sway bars, Tick Performance Stage 2 TR6060*, automatic transmission differential (3.23 vs 3.73 manual)*, Raceseng shift knob*, StopTech slotted rotors*, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads* (~10k mi on the * items).

There is a crack and a few pits in the windshield (Houston...), a couple scrapes on the front bumper, and a couple dents on the hood.

Now's your chance to own a Unicorn!

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
9/25/17 7:55 p.m.

I can vouch for this guy, he's an old friend of mine. I've ridden in this car, and it's pretty awesome. 

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
9/26/17 9:46 a.m.

Have wagons really dropped in price this much? I thought they were still commanding $50k

still out of my price range although moving closer! GLWS

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
9/26/17 10:03 a.m.

I've always loved the idea of these.  556 hp supercharged manual transmission Cadillac station wagon?  Can you believe all of those adjectives belong to a single vehicle?

If it wasn't for the cost and the 12 mpg thing, I'd probably have one.

calteg
calteg Dork
9/26/17 11:57 a.m.

Don't.Need.This.

Why do you have to be relatively close?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/26/17 11:57 a.m.

One of my favorite cars, unfortunately couldn't afford the wagon version when I was looking at cars last. Good luck with the sale. 

calteg
calteg Dork
9/27/17 10:40 a.m.

Trade straight up for an Elise with a clean title?

btz2005
btz2005 New Reader
9/27/17 12:03 p.m.

In reply to calteg :

Sorry, can't do a trade right now.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/17 12:06 p.m.
btz2005 said:

In reply to calteg :

Sorry, can't do a trade right now.

Dang, I guess I'm stuck with all these kidneys.  

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
9/27/17 1:13 p.m.

banged up or not, this is a great price.  

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
10/20/17 6:58 p.m.

Just sold on BAT for $47k and change. Daaaaaaang. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/26/17 1:20 p.m.

Oh wow. Oops.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/28/17 6:23 p.m.

Crap. That makes me want to throw mine on BAT. sad

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
10/29/17 4:42 p.m.

I'm still a little bitter I wasn't in a position to buy it from him.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
11/4/17 7:11 p.m.
mazdeuce said:

HAAAAAAAAY! Maybe just throw it on me instead?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
11/9/17 1:45 p.m.
poopshovel again said:
mazdeuce said:

HAAAAAAAAY! Maybe just throw it on me instead?

The problem is that I want 10K more than that sold for. Mile is lower mileage, cleaner, and stock, but I'm not sure it's worth that to anyone but me. I'm not that jackass guy who thinks his stuff is worth more than market, but I do think I still enjoy it enough that I'm not looking to send it away. I look on autotrader and cars like mine are listed for the low 60's but I'm not sure anyone is buying at those prices. 

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
11/10/17 10:36 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:
The problem is that I want 10K more than that sold for. Mile is lower mileage, cleaner, and stock, but I'm not sure it's worth that to anyone but me. I'm not that jackass guy who thinks his stuff is worth more than market, but I do think I still enjoy it enough that I'm not looking to send it away. I look on autotrader and cars like mine are listed for the low 60's but I'm not sure anyone is buying at those prices. 

Don't know until you try.  Is yours a manual?  

If the ones on AutoTrader are all $60K+, which does seem to be the norm now for a minty example, then I'd say $10K over what the one above with scrapes, more miles, interior wear, etc. went for might just be reasonable.  

Prices on these have not moved down at all over the last year.

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
11/10/17 1:46 p.m.

Seth, better idea, throw a cage in it and take it to OLOA again!

I volunteer as tribute to codrive. devil

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/10/17 2:10 p.m.
klodkrawler05 said:

Seth, better idea, throw a cage in it and take it to OLOA again!

I volunteer as tribute to codrive. devil

Yeah, it's not like that backseat is all that comfortable to ride in for more than two hours... cage is a much better use of that space cheeky

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
11/11/17 9:34 a.m.

I'm at a funny spot emotionally with the car. On one hand it's the first proper fast car I bought. I did my first track day in it, my first One Lap. In a lot of ways it's my anchor to my identity as a proper car guy. I not only bought a super wagon, I tracked it. On the other hand, that experience let me know my automotive aspirations are a bit more modest. I want to track something slower and cheaper but still know I COULD track the V if i wanted to. If I thought I'd feel comfortable actually spending the 60k on other dreams, I'd probably do it. What's likely to happen is I'd end up with 60k in savings and still not buy another track car.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jM6DODDPddrbJDNvtd7RusybYaAz58dxbs5d4y17P67BKLZqrsCqxa9OBmXXV1Qp