chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/15/18 10:31 p.m.

I can only keep one kart and have four. Time to sell three and have you choose which one I keep!

2003 Birel R32ST / Briggs LO206 - $2500/bo - 2017 East Lansing Kart Track championship-winning kart, lap-record holder on the "S" track at East Lansing. Has Birel "Banana" brake, the most effective ever installed on a kart.  This was the kart featured in "For those who like racing, I advise the karting and to do it with love and dedication" thread on GRM. New Briggs LO206 shortblock midyear after a successful run at the CKNA race. Optional extras: front brakes (also Birel Banana) $250, Maxter MX-L ICA engine $600. Won 2 more races this year almost as an afterthought - just unloaded from the trailer and run.

1995 Birel / Parilla Q31/Leopard - $2500/bo - won a race last week - ideal for rainy or cold conditions. 125cc 2-stroke 25 hp Leopard has 1.5 hours since rebuild by Stoney Creek Motorsports.  Comes with LiFePO4 battery, Birel shifter-kart radiator and Righetti/Ridolfi cable-actuated brake.

2013 Arrow X2 / TM K9ES - $4000/bo - immensely capable and complicated shifter kart. TM K9ES is an electric-start shifter engine claimed to be good for >50 hours between rebuilds. Comes with ME-Shifter F1 paddle-shift system and lithium-polymer batteries both to start it and shift it. 225# of sweet reliability and muscle. First shifter kart to beat the TaGs at Lansing in at least ten years.

2016 TonyKart Racer 401S / TecniEngines T101 - $3500/bo - a firebreathing unlimited-class direct-drive monster and the fastest kart I have ever driven. Video of it making up 50' against a TaG kart on a 200' "straightaway" is on YouTube; TaG eater with wins at four different tracks. Requires 105-octane fuel, push-starting, much careful care and feeding - and will make a real driver out of a novice in a tearing hurry.

Contact Charles at 979-571-1562

russ_mill
russ_mill New Reader
10/16/18 12:51 p.m.

Please tell me these are in Texas. That way they'll be too far for me 

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/16/18 8:39 p.m.

In reply to russ_mill :

Northwest of Detroit, Michigan.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/17/18 10:04 a.m.

In reply to chaparral :

Thank God...

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/17/18 12:18 p.m.

Fastenal will ship a kart anywhere in the lower 48 for $150ish

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/17/18 12:25 p.m.

In reply to chaparral :

Yes, I know. But I would never buy a racing kart without laying my own eyes upon it. And purchase of said racing kart will render me a single man in roughly 6 months.

The Arrow is so tempting... you should post some pitchers.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/17/18 1:21 p.m.

Rdcyclist,

Buy two - one for you and one for your wife.

I'll post pictures later. The Arrow is even more spectacular than described.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/17/18 1:43 p.m.

GLWTS.  I'm not in the market until my kids are out of diapers, but I'd totally like to see the video(s) you mention.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/17/18 9:36 p.m.

The Arrow.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/17/18 9:40 p.m.

Another photo of the Arrow, showing more of the powertrain

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/17/18 9:41 p.m.

The TonyKart.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/17/18 9:44 p.m.

The Birel-Parilla.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/17/18 9:46 p.m.

The Birel-Briggs

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/23/18 1:33 p.m.

Update: all four karts are still available, all prices reduced by $250

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
10/23/18 2:41 p.m.

I would do dirty things to own that 401S  but I have nowhere to run them around here. Hell I could run that at big willow and have fun if they would let me. 

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/23/18 7:40 p.m.

Wearymicrobe,

I could sell the Tony/Tecni to you, ship it to North Texas Kartway in Denton TX, and you could fly in whenever you wanted to drive it. It's always cheap to fly to Dallas.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/25/18 1:44 p.m.

Love the Arrow.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/25/18 9:24 p.m.

It's used up $5 in parts this year; it broke an axle key at the sprocket. Everything else appears to be lube-and-forget. 

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/26/18 9:52 p.m.

Update - the beautiful purple Arrow/TM shifter has been sold. 

The other three karts are still available, but the Birel/Parilla may go to an alternate use. It would be nearly trivial to convert it to hand controls using a shifter kart clutch lever for the brake cable and a Yamaha OEM ATV thumb throttle, and if Robert Wickens's rehabilitation includes having him drive a kart it would be a sin not to. I've written to ask. 

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/29/18 8:19 a.m.

Update: I used the Birel/Parilla to win a turkey for first place at a race in Fremont, OH on 10/28, and have replaced the Bendix drive. It now starts every time on the button. Its price has gone up by $250 to $2500. The Tony/Tecni has had its price reduced another $250 to $3000.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
11/13/18 11:40 a.m.

Update: Shifter has shipped. Briggs kart now has a new bright red Nassau Panel (steering/driver fairing).

Still need to sell at least one more. Let me put in another plug for the TecniEngines direct drive - nothing will teach you to drive properly faster. Every mistake will make you much slower as the engine drops behind the power curve. Get it right and you're going as fast as a shifter.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
1/8/19 5:04 p.m.

Update: Tony/Tecni and Birel/Briggs still available. Would like to sell at least one more because I'm moving.

chaparral
chaparral Dork
2/1/19 12:20 p.m.

Time to reduce prices again.

Birel/Briggs $1500

Birel/Parilla $1750

Tony/Tecni $2500

New sponsor / heavily discounted new chassis incoming forces sale of all equipment, but I'm no longer worried about squeezing every dollar out of them. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xQ0WIrHesMrPcqyin3bb9kPqFd73JoMLYLjnivWYbrT1AdWjuUSJdUt2NMjNIJ0c