BenB
BenB Reader
7/9/17 12:56 p.m.

Hi All,

I’m selling my late father’s 1980 MGB LE for my mother.

The car in in the Raleigh, NC area, and has ~76,600 miles. It has been garaged since Dad purchased it around 1983 or 84. The original paint is still in good condition. The cockpit carpeting was replaced and in in very good condition, but the original tan carpeting over the battery compartment is showing its age. The car was delivered with dealer-installed air conditioning, which stopped working by the late ‘80s. Dad removed most of the parts, but we still have everything, if the buyer wishes to reinstall the AC.

The car has the following new or upgraded parts:

• New rear wheel brake cylinders, shoes, and the rear rubber bake hose
  • Battery replaced ~1 yr ago
  • New fuel pump
  • New aluminum radiator
  • Halogen headlights
  • Ansa exhaust
  • Aftermarket hard top
  • Zenith carburetor was rebuilt within the past 6 years
  • Manual choke conversion
  • I will also include an electric radiator fan that we never had time to install

Asking $7000. Photos available on request. Here's the direct link to the Imgur photo: LINK I'll try to fix the Imgur link ASAP.

Thanks, Ben

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/9/17 1:14 p.m.

In reply to BenB:

Beautiful! Sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Good luck with the sale.

BenB
BenB Reader
7/9/17 1:37 p.m.

Thanks. He's the reason I still play with cars.

Thanks for fixing the photo! I'm still trying to figure out hosting photos in the post-PBucket world. Should have jumped ship a long time ago.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/10/17 7:27 a.m.

Man that is nice. Good luck with the sale.

I am sorrow for your loss. I lost my dad 45 years ago and it still hurts.

Cactus
Cactus Reader
7/10/17 8:08 a.m.

I normally hate rubber bumpers, but that's a sharp car. Sorry about your dad. He clearly had good taste.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/10/17 10:03 a.m.
Cactus wrote: I normally hate rubber bumpers, but that's a sharp car. Sorry about your dad. He clearly had good taste.

The LEs look better than any of the other ones. Obviously his dad loved the car.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/10/17 11:43 a.m.

Nice car! I've always loved the LE's. I nearly bought one just after college, and would have, but the seller couldn't come up with a title. I always thought they were the best looking of the rubber bumper B's. Good luck with the sale!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/11/17 4:27 p.m.

Looks like it's sold. I hope a GRMer picked it up.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
7/11/17 6:17 p.m.

I would have put that on Bring A Trailer. Someone stole it at 7k.

BenB
BenB Reader
7/12/17 6:33 a.m.

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind words.

It's still for sale, unless Mom sold it out from under me!

Joe, we have the title...

Nohome, BaT is my next stop. I'd like to have been able to keep this car and his '59 MGA, but between work and daughters' college tuition, I don't have the time or money to keep them on the road.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DxL6gx2DcN3aJiw6fypfMViLKXmOhCoOQRqlNC5K67KqOZ4xdSp1vH4vqQ06I7YQ