oldtin
oldtin UberDork
9/8/15 10:48 a.m.

Skyline powered tr6

Nmna. Description is a little painful to read, but some funny lines like "power to weight ratio is deathly"

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/8/15 10:58 a.m.

I want to hate that... but I can't. If I had the "toy money" laying about, I'd buy it.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
9/8/15 11:24 a.m.

$4,500 to dip and strip a body? Somebody likes to throw their money around.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
9/8/15 11:41 a.m.

I love it. The ad must be written by an English as second language type person.

I like "No test rides unless has $45K cash in hand."

If I were test driving a car with deathly power to weight ratio, I'd want both hands on the wheel, and not have one hand tied up holding $45k.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/8/15 12:52 p.m.

It's also not a GTR engine. Just sayin'.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
9/8/15 12:56 p.m.

Yea, I'm going to be walking around with $45k in my pocket or in my hand. Get stopped for speeding...searched and that money gets confiscated.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/8/15 3:46 p.m.

'Please show up with $45k cash'

I am sure you get a better take if you profile your targets a bit before you mug them. That's just good marketing.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
9/8/15 5:38 p.m.
rcutclif wrote: 'Please show up with $45k cash' I am sure you get a better take if you profile your targets a bit before you mug them. That's just good marketing.

I'm with you on this. Strikes me as one of two things. 1. Its the adult version of "Free Candy". OR 2. Somebody spent 45K building this thing. They are at once foolish enough to assume they can get 45K back out of it, and smart enough to know knuckleheads like me would pretend to be interested just for a free hooning.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/15 6:16 p.m.

What it means is "no joyrides". If you can't pay for it, you can't test drive it. "Cash in hand" probably isn't a literal demand.

Seems 100% reasonable to me.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
9/8/15 6:28 p.m.

Keith, Keith, Keith, stop it. It is a lot more fun to imagine a dude test driving this, drifting around a corner in 2nd gear holding a big stack of bills in the left hand and trying to figure out if he can hold the wheel with his thigh so he can shift to 3rd without losing the money out of his left hand.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/15 9:33 p.m.

Sorry. I have to deal with too many joyriders in high power/weight cars so it hit a sore spot and I forgot my funny.

The0retical
The0retical Dork
9/8/15 10:02 p.m.

Credit where credit is due it looks like a pretty clean build. Of course if I spent GT-R money on the build I would expect it to.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
9/9/15 12:52 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: It's also not a GTR engine. Just sayin'.

That's what I was thinking.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/9/15 12:53 p.m.

I've... built some dumb stuff.

But even i don't "get" this one.

erohslc
erohslc Dork
9/9/15 4:02 p.m.

I'll take that drivetrain, but in a GT6 please.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
9/9/15 6:41 p.m.

The more I read the ad the funnier/stupider it gets.

DirtyDiesel
DirtyDiesel New Reader
9/11/15 7:56 a.m.

But why a TR6? Out of all the cars I would want to throw "95k" at, that would be last on the list....different strokes for different folks I guess....

erohslc
erohslc Dork
9/11/15 12:08 p.m.

The swap platform itself serves as ironic counterpoint to the drivetrain, it's an artistic choice.
Like an Isetta with a Merlin V-12, or a hybrid electric 63 Continental.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
9/14/15 11:37 a.m.

I'd rather have 3 r32 gts-t skylines that already possess that drivetrain.....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IcC0z4nq6Lfu9Fxopgx6Y6pMNUceHOLwGGVPVrDKvNeutLty5DtVBdjEd5QlCmlD