cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
9/20/18 11:36 p.m.

We're in need of a new family truckster, and Craigslist has been a bit thin with these. I need a manual trans, but I'm OK with either driveline. Don't really care what trim level, the sunroof would be nice to have but not critical, preference given to brighter/more ridiculous colors. Prefer to keep it around 6k but can go up to 10k. Fairly close to home in Richmond, CA would also be ideal - baby #2 is coming in just under a month and we're pretty booked up until then.

Anybody have one they've been thinking of moving down the road?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
10/2/18 8:46 p.m.

They are thin on the ground in San Diego as well. Tons of them in the 150-170K range around 4K but nothing really good and no painted skirts SC's anywhere.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
10/3/18 3:41 p.m.

Yeah. I'm ok with the black cladding but ideally would keep it under 100k. We may end up with a Mazda 5 instead, would work fine for us and the people carrying capacity is better. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/3/18 4:52 p.m.

The way the doors open on the Element make it awkward to load rear facing car seats in a crowded parking lot. 

I think you will fine the sliding door of the Mazda5 to work much easier. 

Full disclosure... Mazda5 owner with 2 small kids. 

All there is to know about Mazda5 

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/behold-the-millenium-falcon-mazda5-content/34680/page1/

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
10/3/18 5:33 p.m.

Thanks John!

We tried out loading a few different ways, including folding the rear seatbacks all the way down, and thought it would be manageable. The 5 is definitely a good option too, I know that they are well loved around here.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tmAJE5px7Mc3TZxzP4dSjzru1DEkVmE7BdnjqMayH81QhAzABG56zZpF2Ui3aM5j