AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/16/20 2:26 p.m.

I bought these from a fellow GRMer a few years back for the E21. Turned out they need a spacer to run up front. I haven't done anything with them, they're just sitting on a shelf and I'm kind of itching for another cheap Miata. Selling these would help fund that. I have them listed on Marketplace and CL locally for probably more than their value but how about $700 OBO for a GRMer. They're not perfect but in nice shape and would probably clean up really well with some time.

I'd really rather not deal with shipping but if it means E36 M3iata V2 in my driveway, I guess that's the way it'll have to be.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/20 3:25 p.m.

I just came in to look at the wheels knowing I wouldn't allow myself to spend what they're worth.  GLWS.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/16/20 6:43 p.m.

They should sell easily at that on eBay, that's what I would do (and have been doing recently).

AxeHealey
9/16/20 7:31 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Would you do a classified or buy it now? I did the whole no reserve auction thing on brake pads a couple weeks ago and made like $5 after shipping. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/16/20 8:17 p.m.

Eh, no reserve but start it where you want to be. I bought some Fuchs at a garage sale last month, figured they were "worth" $800 so I started it at at 599 which was way more than I paid. Went to 760 and stalled so my estimate was about right. You know what you want so start the auction there and you aren't out anything if they don't sell, if they do it's a win. 

AxeHealey
9/17/20 8:26 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Makes sense, thanks.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/17/20 7:02 p.m.

Make sure you get enough for shipping, prices vary widely!

AxeHealey
9/20/20 4:44 p.m.

Yeah - I've experienced that. Greyhound is usually pretty OK and I've also used our company Fedex account with some good success. They're on eBay, here, CL and marketplace and 0 hits.

clshore
clshore Reader
9/26/20 6:28 a.m.

What's the offset on these wheels?

AxeHealey
9/26/20 12:16 p.m.

Backspacing is about 4.25" so I think that comes out to about ET 20 but don't quote me on that. 

AxeHealey
10/2/20 8:47 a.m.

Some nibbles, no bites. They look sad stacked in my garage. Someone make them go fast and happy on a car!

AxeHealey
10/7/20 9:26 a.m.

Would also trade for a Miata hard top or NA Hard Dog roll bar...

AxeHealey
10/15/20 7:50 a.m.

Still have them.

itgogitrev
itgogitrev New Reader
10/15/20 8:22 a.m.

Really wish these were 15s so I could use them.  Most frustrating part is that you're within driving distance... that almost never happens with wheels like this.  

AxeHealey
10/15/20 11:13 a.m.

In reply to itgogitrev :

Buy smaller brakes?

AxeHealey
10/29/20 12:16 p.m.

Still got them. 

AxeHealey
11/12/20 8:09 a.m.

And still...

mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
11/12/20 11:08 a.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

I really regret selling my hardtop and roll bar right now. Would you be interested in trading for anything else? I have tons of Miata parts as well as some 2002/e21/e30 stuff.

AxeHealey
11/12/20 1:49 p.m.

What kind of '02 or E21 parts do you have?

mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
11/12/20 5:01 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

I don't have a ton for the e21 but I do have a 3.45 open diff and axles and shifter parts. Everything else mostly has to do with putting my 75 '02 interior back together or making the m20 jammed in it work. I do have e21 turbines, 15x7 Kosei K1s, another set of spec miata wheels and some other 4x100 stuff. There's also a rusty '69 2002 shell if you want something like that.

AxeHealey
11/13/20 11:33 a.m.

The Miata wheels are tempting but I can't rationalize wheels for a car I don't have. Or maybe getting the wheels will bring the car...

I have enough rusty BMW in my garage so I'll have to pass on that.

mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
11/13/20 9:25 p.m.

The miata wheels might fit your e21 I don't think they are hubcentric. There is a Miata that I haven't bothered to pay for or pick up that I could be talked into trading.

AxeHealey
11/16/20 8:04 a.m.

In reply to mmcvay :

Let's hear about the Miata. I'll shoot you a PM. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hVqqMJHYD0FVlssuAyBKkwyv9W6YoCtATJ7kXSqMeggHeiS9Yu2rXGEL6H1QYiQU