Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/26/22 3:37 p.m.

I've owned this for nearly a year, and would love to keep it but am out of room. With two other 3D printers, I don't find myself using the INFI-20 enough to justify the bench space. 

This is an infinite Z-axis printer, meaning it prints on a belt while the nozzle moves at a 45 degree angle up and down. That means it can print infinitely long parts, or lots of parts in a row without you being there to clear the bed off. It's a pretty cool tool and great for things like gauge clusters.

Modifications:

I got frustrated by the factory hotend design (kept melting bowden tubes), so I spent a day re-engineering the carriage to use an all-metal hotend in the same form factor as an Ender3. This kept maintenance and consumables easier and resulted in better prints. 

The printer also includes a spare control board. I'll throw in the Creality enclosure, too. It's a bit tall for this printer, but fits like a glove otherwise. It's great for keeping shop debris and drafts off of prints. 

New, this printer sells for $699. Here's the official site with full specs and pricing and all that good stuff. 

https://www.sainsmart.com/products/sainsmart-infi-20-belt-3d-printer-infinite-z

I'm not sure what mine is worth, but I'd say $500 is a decent starting point. I'd much prefer a face-to-face transaction vs. shipping due to how delicate 3D printers are, but I'm willing to ship if I have to. Location is Ormond Beach, FL

Here are photos:

And I'm currently printing a benchy to show that the printer works as expected. I'll upload a photo of that when it's complete. 

If you're interested, my email is tom@this website. Leave a post below if you shoot me an email so I know to check for it.

Thanks!

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
8/26/22 6:25 p.m.

I predict that does not last long. Seems like a great price, from what little I know. If it does hang around, for too long, I would think it be a good first one for me. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/26/22 7:19 p.m.

This is the first I have heard of a belt printer, thats neat.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/22 7:21 p.m.

C'mon Tom, you have to print a 3 foot long Benchy to show that off.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/26/22 7:27 p.m.

Im tuned in to see what a benchy is. 

Tom Suddard
8/26/22 8:41 p.m.

Just got home from dinner to a nicely printed Benchy.

Disclaimer: I didn't bother slicing a file or tuning this at all. This is straight off the included SD card. And the filament I had is a half-used roll of PLA that's been exposed to Florida humidity for weeks. It's pretty waterlogged. With fresh filament and tuning this result could be better, but it's not too bad as-is. The way the boat is oriented is a little weird--they basically have the printer bridging to begin the print--which explains the blemish at the stern.

Still, though, not too bad!

Tom Suddard
8/26/22 8:44 p.m.
TJL (Forum Supporter) said:

Im tuned in to see what a benchy is. 

It's a little boat that's become the gold standard for testing 3D printers. It includes a bunch of features they typically struggle with like bridges, holes, overhangs and small details, and it's a well-known file so everybody knows what a good one looks like. 

Tom Suddard
8/31/22 4:05 p.m.

Bumping this thread up; I'm tired of rolling this thing back and forth out of my way in the shop. 

Tom Suddard
9/3/22 3:04 p.m.

One last bump before I throw this up on Marketplace. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/4/22 10:02 a.m.

Anything you may need in trade? I'm interested but would need to sell off some things first. 

Tom Suddard
9/4/22 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

I'm always open to interesting offers but I'm pretty low on time and space for new toys right now. Worst I can say is no, though. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/4/22 11:12 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Message sent.  

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/5/22 4:36 p.m.

Tom,  I can give you cash but I won't be able to make it down that way until the 13th or 14th.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/6/22 7:00 a.m.

If there was only a way to do a heated bed on this thing ... even the internet isn't coming in with good ideas.

Tom Suddard
9/6/22 9:15 a.m.

In reply to Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) :

It already has a heated bed. The belt runs over a big hot plate and is heated up that way.

Tom Suddard
9/6/22 9:16 a.m.

Sorry for not replying to your email--I saw it on my phone quick and am just now digging through my inbox on the computer. None of the trades jumped out at me, but I don't mind waiting until the 13th or 14th if you're serious.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/6/22 9:40 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Yeah,  I for sure want it. Let me know which day works best for you. 

Tom Suddard
9/6/22 10:03 a.m.

Perfect; email sent.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
13NM3BOcVN2LPeHtHxGczvZLCQY7SQqDghal00Lw42Mdf4yOdotEYHkFREIPDy7M