HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
1/13/21 1:59 p.m.

I don't have time to finish my Nissan right now, so buying a car that's raced Champcar on stock suspension.  Looking for something a little better without killing the bank.  Anybody got anything taking up room in the shop?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/13/21 2:37 p.m.

There's an entire Miata roller in the cars for sale section.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/free-wrecked-miata-roller/180028/page1/

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
1/13/21 2:43 p.m.

I have a 2nd Gen CTS-V rear here.  Not exactly what you asked, but....

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 3:09 p.m.

I've got a 1.6 VLSD diff sitting here. No idea on it's 'tightness'.

I just picked up a sweet NA I'll sell you the suspension from.

I kid, I kid>

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
1/13/21 9:30 p.m.

Sorry, I was not clear.  This is a race car, and I'm looking for something better than stock suspension. That's what I get for trying to put up a quick post at work laugh

mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
1/14/21 6:12 p.m.

I have a set of Mazdaspeed Bilsteins with stock springs, and a set of Gen 2 Xidas. Idk what the Xidas would do to your points for Champcar but they are great coilovers.

kevinatfms
kevinatfms GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/15/21 6:11 a.m.

A friend of mine has a set of eibach lowering springs and Koni STR.T's that came off for some Ohlins. They may have 3000 miles total on them and the car lives in a garage so they are minty fresh. Ill ask him how much.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
1/15/21 7:31 a.m.

If y'all can find out how much, I'd appreciate it!  The Xidas will probably be out of my price range :( 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/15/21 9:10 a.m.

Have you posted on the champcar page?  I know a fee teams went from billies and whatnot over to the SM penske last year.

Might be able to pick some up cheapish.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
1/15/21 9:58 a.m.

Hadn't thought about that, but got lucky and found a SM Bilstein set-up with the coil-overs, so jumping on those.  Thanks for the leads & suggestions everybody, go have a great weekend!!

You were totally clear. Just being cheeky, and also bring the thread to the top in hopes the right eyes might fall on it. Good luck

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kPFVLu0DerPk8lE7cP4oKB4y1cjmHbkWqdH0EGz867FEKOmyc4SdayDK5mkT767B