1 2
eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/16/21 1:35 p.m.

SOLD!

They'll be coming out of my project truck in the next month or so, and I'll most likely just want them out of my garage as quickly as possible once they are out.  Engine has low oil pressure at hot idle, but does not knock.  700R4 has a bit of a firm 1-2 shift when cold but is otherwise fine. 

Pricewise, for GRM board members, I'm thinking $20 or so, in case you need a receipt for challenge purposes.  Located in SW Ohio.  Sorry to be posting this up before it is technically available, but I want to be rid of it quickly once it is out of the truck, as I have very limited garage space.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/21 11:22 a.m.

good thing I already have 3 or 4 potential challenge cars and none of them need an FR driveline. 

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
4/25/21 8:19 a.m.

I might be interested. Is it a 2wd or 4wd trans? Whereabouts in sw ohio are you located?

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
4/25/21 8:25 a.m.

Twenty bux for a whole motor and transmission is probably cheaper than buying a boat anchor at the boat anchor store.  That's a great deal.  I'll pass though. 

wae
wae UberDork
4/25/21 8:53 a.m.

At $0.06 to $0.07/lb for scrap, if it weighs more than 300lbs you can't lose on that deal!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/25/21 9:28 a.m.
gearheadmb said:

I might be interested. Is it a 2wd or 4wd trans? Whereabouts in sw ohio are you located?

I'm near Batavia, east of Cincinnati, not far off the 275 loop.  Its 2WD.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
4/26/21 9:18 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I'm at a out 90% sure I'll take it. Let me know when you have it out. No rush, I'm in no hurry. I dont even know for sure what I'm gonna do with it, but it fits well into a theoretical build I have in my head, and my son thinks it will be fun to make the trip down to get it, so what the heck, might as well.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/27/21 7:40 a.m.

In reply to gearheadmb :

Sounds good.  My advance plan right now is to get it out on the weekend of May 8-9.  I'd like to deal with it this weekend, but I don't see me having the garage prepped that soon.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
4/27/21 11:22 p.m.

Cool. I'm liable to forget to check back here, so when you get it out just text or call me. Nine3seven-7lO-362six.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
4/30/21 9:46 a.m.

I think I'm gonna have to back out of this one. Sorry. Too many unfinished projects, not enough time.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/30/21 9:48 a.m.
gearheadmb said:

I think I'm gonna have to back out of this one. Sorry. Too many unfinished projects, not enough time.

No worries, if I can't unload it on a GRMer, I suspect it can be made to disappear on marketplace if I price it right.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/21 7:51 p.m.

Tim, I'm a possibility but I will not know my schedule for a day. All my "no work" weekends are currently scheduled by SWMBO and I'm working second shift. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/3/21 8:03 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo (John Brown) :

Sure, I'm now running a week behind schedule, so it won't be grabbable until May 15-16 at the earliest.  Work was nuts last week, so progress on the new engine has been stalled.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/20/21 8:43 p.m.

What year truck? Willing to separate? I may have a use for the trans.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/21/21 7:41 a.m.

It originally came out of a 91 Firebird.  I'd rather get rid of it all at once, thus the low price.  It's still in the S10 right now, but I am finally on schedule to pull the truck in the garage this weekend, so hopefully it'll be out of the truck over Memorial Day weekend.

5/21/21 9:56 a.m.

I can get the trans into my car, but not a motor AND trans. Does the engine have the stock 91 Firebird exhaust manifolds? I'd be interested in those too.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/21/21 11:39 a.m.

It does indeed have the factory f-body manifolds, they fit a S10 pretty well.

5/21/21 12:30 p.m.

Couldn't get there until the 12th or 13th.  Is that a possibility?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/21/21 2:13 p.m.
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) said:

Couldn't get there until the 12th or 13th.  Is that a possibility?

Quasi has dibs for now, but that is possible. I'll need to see if I can find a way to dispose of the engine quickly, though, there's not really a lot of demand for a 305 TBI, and my garage is packed.

5/21/21 7:19 p.m.

I could do a few days sooner if it's trans only.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/21/21 8:34 p.m.

I have absolutely no need for a 305. But any sbc could be used for something. Don't know when a road trip could happen, but don't send it for scrap... I'd rather someone that needs it get it, but...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/29/21 11:08 a.m.

Quasi and Gearhead, the engine and trans are out.

Quasi, you have dibs if you can pick it up in the next couple of weeks, otherwise, Gearhead, you can get the trans if you can still get it on the 12-13th,  and I'll try to sell the engine locally.

5/30/21 7:02 a.m.

Ok, thanks. I'll try to keep an eye out here to see what's happening.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
6/4/21 10:33 a.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) :

If you still want the transmission and can pick it up in the next week or so, please let me know.

6/4/21 9:54 p.m.

I'll be northbound from Georgia late next week. Can you PM me an address and phone #? Thanks. 

Is the trans excessively leaky? It will be riding in the passenger compartment. I have a plug for the output shaft and lots of heavy contractor bags. Will find some cardboard for extra protection too.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hS932h92AUDX1OC1fLopCk8hHJh9j6HcPGFVr18b4VofPF9aBtDbZ12vPFvyM6gc