Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/20 4:01 p.m.

HUGE PRICE DROP - I've sold off quite a bit of stuff and am ready to dump the rest, come get it for $100. See below for detailed list of what I have.  This single image below shows about what I've still got as of 1/14/21. Any other pictures in this post may include parts that have already been sold. The enkei box and the box below it are full of included GSXR parts. Ecu, harness, TB, etc, etc, etc. 

Ok, I'm all in on cbr for the Datsun, so therefore I'm selling all my gsxr stuff. If you wanted, you could probably sell all this stuff on eBay for 4k or more. I may do that if it doesn't sell as a package but I won't have time till the winter at least. 

Or, build a motor and sell the rest and break even - free motor! 

Anyway, here's what I have. 

-2 gsxr1000 motors from 01-02. Each supposedly running when I bought them, I haven't verified. One has a broken 2nd gear. The other is missing a clutch.

-1 gsxr1000 motor, but ran low on oil and internals are shot. The case might be savable, as well as the head and all the sensors and covers.

-1 complete electronic system for 03-04 gsxr1000. Wiring harness (labeled), ecu, all sensors, etc.

-1 mostly complete electronic system for 01-02 gsxr1000. Wiring harness has been hacked up, but I have ecu and sensors, etc.

-2 throttle bodies. One is 01-02 and the other is 03-04.

-4 oil pans. One sweet flat billet oil pan with trap doors and swinging pickup, designed for bike engine application. 3 regular gsxr 01-04 pans and pickups.

-2 titanium headers. One is 03-04 and is "modified" to fit under the billet flat oil pan. The other is 05-06 which I thought would fit better but doesn't.

-1 titanium 03-04 stock gsxr1000 muffler. 

-1 gsxr 01-02 swingarm

-1 large pile of sprockets and chain. These are sweet split sprockets built for sand rails and dune buggies, so the ratios are good for car speeds. 

-1 extra clutch 03-04

-1 extra gearset 01-02

-1 gas tank dented

-1 factory airbox

-1 set of sweet custom aluminum side plates that are ready to help you bolt this engine in to just about any car.

-radiator, fuel pump, brake light, 2 oil coolers, 2 expansion tanks, radiator fan, horn, seat, steering damper, huge bucket of bolts, etc.

-hardcopy printed version of gsxr 1000 factory service manual.

-probably lots more 

Buy it all for $1500, which is about my cost for the lot. If you want to challenge this, then I can split up receipts, but I'd rather not start selling individual parts yet. Located in Chicago!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/11/21 10:46 a.m.

Well, I've sold $1500 out of this lot so far. and I still have, erm, 2 of the 3 engines... haha. 

Anyway, what I have left is of course the worst stuff, but come take it all out of my garage for $100. Here's what I still have:

• 1 01-02 motor complete other than missing clutch. Was supposedly running when it was sold to me. I have never fired it. 
  • 1 03-04 case and head, mostly empty inside. If you can use it, the 03-04 gets a 10 HP bump over the 01-02 because of revised flow underneath the pistons, something about reducing vacuum under the piston when it is going up. But this motor ran low on oil so may be trashed. 
  • 01-02 ecu, harness (been hacked up a bit, probably still useable with a bit of work), coils, sensors, etc
  • 01-02 throttle body, slight damage, may still be usable
  • right and left handlebars and controls and switches
  • 01-02 rear GSXR1000 swing arm
  • chain and cool high tooth count split sprockets
  • 2 different titanium headers (03-04, and 07-08), titanium muffler (not really that light, but it's a stock GSXR1000 piece)
  • gas tank, dented and a bit of surface rust inside
  • airbox
  • cool aluminum mounting plates
  • taillight
  • Printed manual
  • More that i'm forgetting (some brake caliper and disks and stuff)

Seriously with a bit of work there is everything you need here (except a clutch) to have a running engine and to easily recoup back to $0. Mounts to put it all in a car or buggy or whatever. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/11/21 3:35 p.m.

If I'd have met you back when I was still traveling, I'd have to throw a lot of my stuff outdoors... Your junk is so much cooler than mine!

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
1/11/21 3:55 p.m.

Whats shipping on a pallet of goodies run nowadays?

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/11/21 4:02 p.m.

What's the damage to the throttle body unit?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/11/21 4:31 p.m.
bluej (Forum Supporter) said:

What's the damage to the throttle body unit?

The TPS sensor plastic is busted at the connector. The connector still plugs in and I think the sensor still reads correclty, I can probably ohm it out if you're really curious. Or just slap on a new TPS. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/11/21 4:34 p.m.
Thinkkker said:

Whats shipping on a pallet of goodies run nowadays?

haha long ago when I bought one of these I had a forum member pick one up and pallet it and ship it to me. I paid for the shipping via fedex and it was less than $150 from florida to chicago. 

I'd be happy to pay it forward and pack a pallet for the next victim. But I don't have a good idea as to cost off the top of my head. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/11/21 4:36 p.m.

There would be a LOT of stuff for one pallet though. 

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
1/12/21 11:27 a.m.

If you were in driving distance I'd figure out how to make this work in my Wheego. :/

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
1/13/21 1:34 p.m.

Anybody from the Midwest coming to the Mid-Atlantic anytime soon? Hook up the GRM freight relay, lol. It's just too far to make a reasonable weekend trip out of it unfortunately. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
1/13/21 1:37 p.m.

Anyone want to FMV a Formula SAE car for me so I have a reason to get this?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/13/21 2:00 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Don't need to FMV anything. Just start here. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/free-wrecked-miata-roller/180028/page1/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
1/13/21 2:06 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah but I already have this totally worthless pile of carbon fiber...

/yes I know there's no way a carbon FSAE chassis is worth under $2k unless it's actually sold for that price, I'm sorry it wasn't a good joke.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/13/21 2:43 p.m.

I can see if I can find pictures of a few old FSAE cars in the dumpster. 

They really have little value.  They can't be easily maintained because everything is custom and everything is built to only last for a little while.  Additionally they have no where to race.  Many schools destroy them after competition because of liability concerns so there aren't very many out in the wild and they don't change hands often.   Also unless it was overbuilt for some reason throwing 1000cc HP at them will result in broken halfshafts/uprights, and expensive custom diff flanges.

Honestly despite their "wizzardry" I would support FMV on them as being similar to a F500 in equivalent condition.  Find a few ads for F500's, and post pictures of what you have and I bet it probably can be justified as legal.  You just have to find a production body to loosely drape over it....

Which doesn't Robbie have another Datsun?..  F-DAT vs SAE-DAT?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/13/21 3:08 p.m.
nocones said:

I can see if I can find pictures of a few old FSAE cars in the dumpster. 

They really have little value.  They can't be easily maintained because everything is custom and everything is built to only last for a little while.  Additionally they have no where to race.  Many schools destroy them after competition because of liability concerns so there aren't very many out in the wild and they don't change hands often.   Also unless it was overbuilt for some reason throwing 1000cc HP at them will result in broken halfshafts/uprights, and expensive custom diff flanges.

Honestly despite their "wizzardry" I would support FMV on them as being similar to a F500 in equivalent condition.  Find a few ads for F500's, and post pictures of what you have and I bet it probably can be justified as legal.  You just have to find a production body to loosely drape over it....

Which doesn't Robbie have another Datsun?..  F-DAT vs SAE-DAT?

Some fair points for sure. There were actually a couple ads here on GRM even in the last year for SAE chassis's i thought. Not CF framed though, haha. 

I do still have the other datsun sitting out front. I'll throw it in free with these motors LOL. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/14/21 9:09 a.m.

I added a pic to the first post that is a single pic including what i've still got (and would be included for $100). 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
138Evx5AjyM6H4m490md72hKUPnkDt8Eh0ftqQJxCkNty9kbeN7qeStCpjPh7Kac