grpb
grpb Reader
3/6/20 11:03 a.m.

2013 Focus ST 2.0 GTDI "ecoboost" engine for sale.   Going a different direction, I did not pull this engine myself but I did not buy it from a stranger, I was told it's in good running shape and I believe it.  Oil pan/pickup was dropped to swap for RWD pan but otherwise no other work, balance shaft assembly is still intact.  Would bolt pan back on for transport.  With turbo but without intake manifold.  Will post pics later.

$450, pickup in northeast Indianapolis ZIP 46250

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/6/20 12:27 p.m.

Yowzers! Interested in pics.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/7/20 7:13 a.m.

Not in a position to buy but curious on what plans you had to run it? 

grpb
grpb Reader
3/7/20 8:58 a.m.

In reply to dan0 :

Not really sure, something RWD but no more specific than that.  Really this kind of swap is much of a muchness, they drop into most anything assuming the high pressure fuel pump can be accomodated.  The controls and ancillaries really dictate much of what is/isn't possible with these which is a shame.  This line of I4's outside of the 2.3 variants are really the natural succesor to the pushrod small blocks of yester-year in terms of enthusiasts actually doing stuff with them because of availability and cost.  But gearheads tinkering in their garages with junkyard hardware does nothing for shareholder value and so all efforts go towards 2.3 which is the least available and most expensive of all of the variants.  But the 2.3 is relatively rare and primarily in the 'halo' cars like the RS, so that is where the attention goes.  I'm pleasantly surprised that controls packs are actually trickling out of the warehouse, their typical mentality is to announce to the press, ship one or 2 prototypes for magazine projects then collect backorders until people lose interest after a few years, rinse repeat.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/20 10:54 a.m.

In reply to grpb :

Um, it's listed in hp tuners for 2 credits. So I think you can pretty much do anything you want control-wise with the stock ecu/harness/fuel pump/etc.

Unless that's not what you're saying?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iwurjmSniLKEis5GiGiCDJEzFFzJeJvpCVKxTQyyfJy2GH0Y9CYTzmhtOUkamMVM