1 2
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/2/19 9:49 a.m.

2000 q45 anniversary edition.  The vh41de all aluminum dohc v8 runs well, shifts fine, has a new maf, new radiator in box, ohio salvage title.  It’s not a good car, but it’s a great donor.  I am pulling the limited slip diff, driveshaft, wheels,  and cv shafts.  The rest of the car can be had for a measly $200 if you bring roller wheels and help me pull the stuff i want.  It currently runs with a battery, but it tossed the water pump pulley through the radiator.  I was going to fix for rallycross but it’s a steaming pile of trash around a cool engine and I just bought a sand rail.  

Loc: valley city ohio.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/3/19 11:52 a.m.

Oh boy. 

Can you hang onto it for a bit? If so I'm interested.

Edit, NM, conversed with buddy, he only wants the diff and axles too. Doh!

Patrick
9/3/19 1:22 p.m.

Yeah my initial plan was drive till next july then gut the axley bits for the datsun, but buying a sand rail has put that plan in high gear as well as not wanting to do salvage inspection and stuff for something to hoon around in for 9 months.  It’s not as decent as i was hoping and it smells like cigarettes inside

Patrick
9/25/19 11:41 a.m.

pull the diff, driveshaft, and axles for me and leave them, i will leave the wheels on so it rolls and they can be given back to me at your convenience, and the rest of the car is free.  So free aluminum dohc v8 that runs with a trans that works with a new MAF and i’ll give you the new belts i bought for it.

FREberkeleyingE

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/25/19 2:07 p.m.

FREE!?

too bad I can't buy it  sad

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/26/19 7:34 a.m.

Hmm wonder if that drivetrain would fit where a VQ35 normally would...

Patrick
9/26/19 8:03 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Yes come get it, you can make anything fit anywhere with your tools and motivation 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/19 8:28 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

Hmm wonder if that drivetrain would fit where a VQ35 normally would...

And it's much easier to convert to manual than my VK45DE. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/26/19 8:39 a.m.

My buddy has a vh41 in a 240sx with ITB's and a 350z 6spd manual. Lawd that thang sounds beastly. 

Patrick
9/26/19 11:38 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

If nobody here takes it i’m pulling the engine with similar intentions, i just don’t have time 

yupididit
9/26/19 12:44 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Put it on the Zilvia forum. Im sure it'll get snatched up there

Robbie
9/26/19 1:09 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

How do folks tune these? Standalone? Or is there something like hp tuners to "reflash" the stock ecu?

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/26/19 3:28 p.m.

I wish I had the space for this.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/26/19 3:51 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

UpRev Osiris can reflash the stock ECU but it's expensive and I haven't found a way around it.

Robbie
9/26/19 4:25 p.m.

I know this is everyone's question but is there a realistic record of what this engine/trans combo should weigh? Aluminum is good but DOHC often makes up for any gains (losses?) from iron. The trans is a wildcard for me, the 4spd auto could be svelte and trim, or it could be the same one that is used in the Armada and is therefore similarly designed. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/19 5:42 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

"They" say the VK45 is about 470 lbs.  "They" have the VH41 weighing about 50 lbs more. 

Edit that's without trans of course. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
9/27/19 3:47 p.m.

If you give me $100 I’ll personally come drag it out of your yard after the first snow. 

Patrick
10/2/19 7:38 a.m.

I post free car with aluminum v8:  crickets

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/2/19 7:43 a.m.

Im honestly wondering what the dimensions are. Thinking about trying to get brothef Dustin convinced that this is the perfect drivetrain donor for his 81 b2000 truck.

yupididit
10/2/19 8:06 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I know it's pretty tall because of its intake manifold. People also use the Porsche Cayenne's v8 intake manifold with an adapter on the vh engine's. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/2/19 4:00 p.m.

Maybe I take it and put it in the Locost. Then I'll have a Locost all sourced from you... 100% kidding as I literally have nowhere to put it in the meantime.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/2/19 5:08 p.m.

Yeah, Dustin is holding out for a 300hp 6cyl ford drivetrain....

Patrick
10/2/19 6:42 p.m.

Lamewad

Patrick
10/2/19 6:43 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Pull it here, i have a scrap guy who will come get it.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/3/19 2:49 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I shouldn't be asking this but is there a common manual trans that mates up to it?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fwpJHmBAGaFv1kEdfyKd3H9WTbXJfgBwNmqzW5XqCHVrOLnjWJvicLvU8Edmd6HV