mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
10/12/21 9:17 a.m.

Just over a year ago I took advantage of some Free stuff posted on this board. Well, I've been distracted by other priorities, home projects and helping my brother with a car build (both still ongoing). I know there were a few others interested at the time, so rather than sit on these I'd like to offer them up to someone who may be interested in doing something good with them. Rather than include pictures here I'm linking the original posting with pictures and details as nothing has really changed. All the parts and one of the chassis have been stored in my shed since I got them. The other sitting on a pallet off the ground.

These are located in Burlington CT. First to come pick them up is the winner.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/free-two-ex-fsae-chassis-and-parts/174323/page1/

Marc

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
10/12/21 11:10 a.m.

My son is 16 and attends a public "nerd school" with some kind of race car, either gravity or electric I'm not 100% sure.  I am in New Hampshire. If he asks the guy in that charge of the program I'd love to offer it to them.   I'd definitely like to be a part of that program and free parts may be my ticket in

mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
10/12/21 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Let me know. That sounds like it could be a cool way for this to go.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
10/13/21 10:55 a.m.

I think the school should get first dibs, but if that falls through, please let me know and maybe we can work something out.  Thanks!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
10/15/21 7:27 a.m.

I think the school has suspended the program due to covid.   I'm super bummed

mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
10/15/21 6:17 p.m.

Justjim75, that is a bummer. Was worth a shot.

Flynlow, I guess your up. Still interestred?

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
10/18/21 12:26 p.m.

I'm in CT and I'd love the wheels for my Europa, but I'd realistically never get around to rebuilding the FSAE cars.  It's funny to see that engine again, I sold that to Woody for a case of beer a while back.

Let me know if you don't find any takers for the package and are willing to separate stuff out.

mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
10/19/21 9:26 a.m.
Brotus7 said:

I'm in CT and I'd love the wheels for my Europa, but I'd realistically never get around to rebuilding the FSAE cars.  It's funny to see that engine again, I sold that to Woody for a case of beer a while back.

Let me know if you don't find any takers for the package and are willing to separate stuff out.

I would like it all to go at once but yes, if it doesn't I'll let you know.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
10/21/21 8:03 p.m.
mdgalv said:

Justjim75, that is a bummer. Was worth a shot.

Flynlow, I guess your up. Still interestred?

Hey!  Sorry for the delay, work has been killing me this week.  I am still interested, but my trip to northern NJ that I was going to subvert for dragging these home got canceled.  If someone else wants to claim them, feel free to bump me.  If/when my trip gets re-scheduled, I will send you an email and see if we can figure something out. 

hhaase
hhaase HalfDork
10/23/21 9:44 a.m.

If you were in the midwest, I'd be harassing you.   But too much of a trip for me right now and others are interested.  

So just tag me on the build thread when it appears :)

mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
10/24/21 7:09 p.m.

Still available for the taking.

therieldeal
therieldeal Reader
10/27/21 10:11 a.m.

What are the overall dimensions of the tube frames?  Wondering if they would fit into my basement...

I am in eastern CT and I do have access to a utility trailer that'd work for pickup.  Might take a couple trips to get everything, though.

I have Friday off, plus the weekend of course...

mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
10/27/21 8:14 p.m.

In reply to therieldeal :

I can measure them tomorow and let you know.

mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
10/28/21 6:51 a.m.

Ok, so I just went out and measured these.

Yellow Frame is 37.5" wide and 112" long

Red Frame is 47" wide and 98" long

email me if you want: miataride at gmail dot com

therieldeal
therieldeal Reader
10/28/21 12:43 p.m.
mdgalv said:

Thanks for taking the time to measure, unfortunately I think I've only got a 36" doorway sad... I'll check this evening.

Edit: Confirmed - these won't fit through my basement door.  Sadly without a place to work on them I'm afraid I'd just end up storing them outside for a year, only to pass them on again frown

mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
10/31/21 11:37 a.m.
therieldeal said:
mdgalv said:

Thanks for taking the time to measure, unfortunately I think I've only got a 36" doorway sad... I'll check this evening.

Edit: Confirmed - these won't fit through my basement door.  Sadly without a place to work on them I'm afraid I'd just end up storing them outside for a year, only to pass them on again frown

I get it. Thank you for confirming.

To all other, these are still available!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/31/21 11:56 a.m.

Email sent

mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
11/22/21 6:17 p.m.

These are now gone.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QVVnwKxqaUWUz1t5t2Zglwu8daeG0uWhWcKk0jvMtDyte7ipgPlrxaiiZQpYSajv