1 2
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/30/22 5:22 p.m.

The last 2 "i can save them" that turned out to be not feasible to save cars are up for parts. GRM price will be less than ebay completed listings. 

1: 1990 300zx. VG30DE has had bottom end brought up to DETT specs(mainly pistons) and is freshly gasketed, new timing belt, and tubular manifolds with twin turbos, new injectors, fmic and plumbing. TT ecu. 5 speed manual. Lots of good stuff available, have video of it running. 

2: 1984 El Camino SS. Lots of body rust, frame appears solid especially in all the known bad spots. Keeping engine and trans. Rear end has the posi additive tag. 

post here or chevylumina at gmail 

Patrick
12/30/22 5:29 p.m.

While I'm at it my VW sand rail is for sale. $1700 grm price. Type 4 2.0(one cylinder has stuck rings) with lots of new parts, new flywheel and clutch. Definitely a project but we had it running in 2020. I'll include a tunnel cutoff with serial number and matching title for a 58 bug and whatever stuff I've collected over the last several years for it. 

and also a rebuildable porsche 914 1.7 engine with most or all of a factory fuel injection system, $700

AND also a VH45DE from my 94 Q45 for $500 

AND another Z32 NA 5 speed for $750

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/30/22 5:49 p.m.

Can we see vw pic?

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
12/30/22 7:37 p.m.

I'm not in a position to buy any of this stuff, but I'm enjoying watching from the sidelines.  How much for the '90 300zx with sorta-built motor?  How much for the El Camino that now has no engine or trans?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/30/22 7:54 p.m.

berkeley I want to see someone stuff that z32 drivetrain in something.  That has massive power potential.

what's wrong with the rest of the car?  Can someone exo kart it?

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/30/22 9:09 p.m.

Oh, I don't want to want that 300zx to swap into my 240z... but I really really do

Patrick
12/30/22 9:24 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

It's a rusty Michigan car that was slid sideways into something. Forgot to mention it has full new adjustable suspension and dna(cheap but functional) coilovers.

i'll get vw pics up tomorrow, there's a build thread somewhere. Had a bad day will answer anything else tomorrow. I'd sell the elky roller for $500 with title but the 300zx won't be leaving till it's stripped. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
12/31/22 4:38 p.m.

Wish I was in a position to grab the Elco.  Other than being newer than I want, it'd be the perfect drag week rat.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/31/22 6:41 p.m.

Someone please just put the z32 drivetrain in the el Camino 

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
1/3/23 3:34 p.m.

Price on the tails and the brake calipers? Also, on the brake calipers, do you know if theyre the iron or aluminum units?

Feel free to PM me any pics and pricing, sir.

Patrick
1/3/23 9:16 p.m.

In reply to hybridmomentspass :

i'll check on ebay completed listings and get with you tomorrow. I think all the calipers are aluminum but have to verify. Tails I think are crack free but could use polished.  

Patrick
1/4/23 9:12 p.m.

Didn't get a chance today, got lost in fabrication land. I'll set a reminder in my phone for tomorrow 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder UltraDork
1/5/23 2:34 p.m.

Does this have the aluminum 2 pot front brakes? I was looking for some spares for this car if the price is right.

Patrick
1/5/23 3:05 p.m.

Yes. 

Patrick
1/5/23 3:09 p.m.
hybridmomentspass said:

Price on the tails and the brake calipers? Also, on the brake calipers, do you know if theyre the iron or aluminum units?

Feel free to PM me any pics and pricing, sir.

Pm sent, reply for the pics i snapped

Patrick
1/13/23 1:25 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder 

$200 shipped for the fronts is the lowest grm price based on ebay completed listings being  mostly $250-350. 

Patrick
1/27/23 6:55 p.m.

Hood from 300zx sold. Reached out to both interested parties about the calipers never heard back

accordionfolder
accordionfolder UltraDork
1/28/23 5:21 p.m.

Hey Patrick! I've sent you a pair of PMs and I've not received any on my end? 

Patrick
1/28/23 7:37 p.m.

I didn't get them? Between the email system on the board and gmail thinking everything is spam, it's tough to get them through 

chevylumina at gmail

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
2/6/23 10:13 a.m.

for the 300zx are the rear calipers cast iron or aluminum? I am interested in the 2 pot cast iron variant but aluminum seems to be more common. 

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/6/23 9:43 p.m.

What size is the ring gear on the posi in the camino rear end? Is it a 10 bolt? If so and its 7.625 i could put it in my Safari.

Patrick
2/6/23 11:31 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101 :

Aluminum

Patrick
2/6/23 11:33 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

7.5 or 7.625, whatever g bodies came with. Not sure on that one exactly.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
2/7/23 4:48 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

damn! oh well - worth a shot. I'm hunting for a set of cast iron ones

Patrick
2/7/23 9:05 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101 :

If I find any I'll point you at them

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.