vwfreek
vwfreek Reader
10/29/19 5:12 p.m.

I picked this up awhile back. I was going to put it on a Rabbit engine, but I've sold most of my water-cooled VW's and it's too big to fit on an air-cooled VW. As far as I can tell  the supercharger is from a Judson MGA kit. The manifold is custom made. I haven't been able to identify it, but looks similar to MG Midget or Triumph Spitfire.  $600 or trade for air-cooled VW stuff.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
10/29/19 6:25 p.m.

the VW Judson is 5 inches if you measure across the cast iron part ,  and its  the same  as a  Bugeye Judson , 

There is a longer one for Volvos etc.....

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/30/19 2:29 p.m.

They were a popular accessory on TR3s and the manifold could be the correct for that application.   Measuring could tell.  

vwfreek
vwfreek Reader
10/30/19 2:36 p.m.

This one is about 10". It's pretty heavy. Not quite as big as the 190SL Judson I sold awhile back.

vwfreek
vwfreek Reader
10/30/19 2:44 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

They were a popular accessory on TR3s and the manifold could be the correct for that application.   Measuring could tell.  

The manifold is fabricated, I don't think it is original to the supercharger. I'm fairly certain the supercharger itself came from the kit for the MGA since the inlet and outlet are 90 degrees apart, most of the other inline engine Judsons had the inlet and outlet on the same side of the supercharger.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FEJRYGqcW4O5NCLnKISnRREyTHDk57yrDNTvoS7ns945C2CBc3EZYYVvrGY0baJ3