gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
4/29/23 11:35 a.m.

Mine, very associated. Mildly built 350 SBC. 0.020 over, roughly 9.8:1 compression, new stock Vortec heads, 2 bolt main 1996 5.7 block bored, tanked, and built by Steve Schmidt racing, comp XR276HR cam, full roller rockers, Alex's Parts high lift vortec spring and retainer setup, screw in studs, Edelbrock tunnel ram EFI intake and fuel system, 36 lb injectors, adjustable FPR, stock crank ground 0.010 and polished, comes with Megasquirt MSIIE unit, 60-2 crank reluctor, distributor deleted running individual coils. Great daily driver engine, I drove about 18,000 miles with this engine and a manual transmission in my daily Caprice before the car was too rusty for me to feel like fixing again. A few trips across the country, a few autocrosses, just used as a fun street car. Megasquirt still has the last map I used in it, street tuned with a wideband. Kept it in the garage for a few years for another project, but I am finally coming to terms with having too many projects for the space and time I've got. Also comes with the engine harness, which is complete aside from connections for power and the fuel pump.

So far, everyone seems to want to just buy the intake and rails, or the megasquirt. At this point, I'm really not interested in parting it out.

Located in Columbus, IN. Asking $1700.

I did autocross it twice with this engine, here's a video:

LionPride
LionPride Reader
4/29/23 12:03 p.m.

Very interesting, but no cash.  

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/29/23 7:10 p.m.

Same... I've got access to an 88 C1500 that would be perfect for. 

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
4/29/23 8:09 p.m.

@Mr. Lee - this was actually intended to go in my GMT800 Tahoe Limited, but that will be up for sale soon too. It would definitely make a good engine for that platform.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/30/23 2:12 p.m.

I can legit say I have seen this engine run.

I ran CAMT in a borrowed car for that event. Both you and Travis had your wagons out.
This was after I retired my Thunderbird and right before I got my truck completed...

chief8one
chief8one Reader
4/30/23 8:11 p.m.

Holy slaloms Batman!

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
4/30/23 10:08 p.m.

And I've got a down payment! either I underpriced it or people are more excited about SBC stuff than I realized.

That day with both wagons was great! not too often that happens. And yeah, I don't do a whole lot of autocrossing there anymore. Since they repaved it, that venue is even narrower and it's just kind of hard to have variety there. That said, I can literally see that area from my neighborhood so I still run there occasionally if I'm not out racing bikes.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FLIOGlJm6236doA4xmuLZj2bUvFoYCZRsHJQCTSMEtJ7QPKUGCzsDYMt2U7ty8HL