1 2
Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/11/19 10:31 a.m.

I love these pointless threads. 

It looks odd because the leather fitment is crappy, that is why. 

A 310mm wheel might be uncommon because it will only work in a formula car. 

What is the point of this thread? Obviously no one here has a need for that wheel, in that size and at the price you hint at wanting for it. So why keep coming back and defending this steering wheel?

If I was you I would: 

- list it on ebay with a reserve and hope it sells

- contact the guy Keith mentions

- hang it on the wall and enjoy it

- buy a formula car or similar and put it on. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/11/19 10:31 a.m.

BTW, mine is 350mm

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/11/19 10:47 a.m.

If it is rare it will be recognized by buyers as rare and it will sell itself in an auction.

I say it is od because I have two prototypos on current cars and the one you show is "puffy" looking. If "puffy" was a rare and desirable option, then you are in luck. Post on e-bay and profit. We are all plebeian cheapskates here, kinda goes with the site tittle.

Barrosini
Barrosini New Reader
9/13/19 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

I would like to send a warm berkeley off to You! berkeleying shiny happy person.

Barrosini
Barrosini New Reader
9/13/19 9:58 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Gotchy a! Thanks.1 guy with brains, here, in this extremely asrh people. berkeley off the guy that gave 40 buck and the bmw c u n(t) that said it is a pointless thread. Dork is in your name, you berkeleying t r (a ) s h!

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/13/19 10:16 a.m.

In reply to Barrosini :

You’re new here... so maybe you didn’t see... but we have rules here, I suggest you read them and consider them:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/forum-rules-welcome-to-the-party/104340/page1/

I suggest that our more regular readers find other threads that could use their attention.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/19 2:30 p.m.

What a lot of passion for a used steering wheel. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/14/19 3:30 p.m.
bearmtnmartin said:

What a lot of passion for a used steering wheel. 

Well, some of them do sell for silly money; usually square logo or signature wheels, so if there is a lot of money in play passion usually isn’t far behind. 

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
9/14/19 7:35 p.m.
Barrosini said:

In reply to Slippery :

I would like to send a warm berkeley off to You! berkeleying shiny happy person.

Gotchy a! Thanks.1 guy with brains, here, in this extremely asrh people. berkeley off the guy that gave 40 buck and the bmw c u n(t) that said it is a pointless thread. Dork is in your name, you berkeleying t r (a ) s h!

TRIPLE CAUTION! 

TRIPLE CAUTION, BARROSAMIR!

TRIPLE CAUTION!!!

You have to listen to my call, please, I beg you!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/19 7:44 p.m.

The auto-replace effects are cracking me up right here.....

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/14/19 8:03 p.m.

We have seemed to suffer an influx of people that do not wish to stay around lately. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/14/19 8:17 p.m.

Do you infact know what you have or are you asking us what you have? You're sending mixed signals here. Do we get off your lawn or offer advice? 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/14/19 8:22 p.m.

Wow

Good stuff!

I love these threads and people who just flip out when given good advice that they just don't want to hear.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/14/19 9:41 p.m.

Danger to manifold. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/19 11:10 p.m.
Barrosini said:

Listen up bucko, because I am sure that you are less than a day from a perma-ban. You asked what your NON-vintage, NON-rare, NON-mint steering wheel was worth and were given solid answers with links to back up the data points. Sorry you don't like those answers and aren't going to be rich off of a modern, common, re-covered steering wheel, but that's life. Calling people names and using vulgar language shows that you've got some major issues to work out, so go seek out a professional. Going to those lengths over a $100 steering wheel is petty, child-like, and pathetic.

Now play nice or GTFO.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/19 11:40 a.m.

There’s no danger of a ban. We’ll never see him again. He didn’t get what he wanted, so he’s gone.  The chances of him becoming a contributing member are basically zero. 

He joned to sell his wheel, he’s only posted in this thread (and his little sign off temper tantrum) and he’s gone. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/19 11:41 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

There’s no danger of a ban. We’ll never see him again. He didn’t get what he wanted, so he’s gone.  The chances of him becoming a contributing member are basically zero. 

You underestimate internet trolls.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/15/19 11:42 a.m.

I think we have a reputation as a good place to go, that has information, and is generally not a bunch of shiny happy people.

I’d appreciate it if y’all kept that in mind, and didn’t pile-on here.

we all have bad days, we sometimes read things the wrong way, and sometimes we post things that are ‘fine generally’ but can blow up when one of the latter also happens.  There’s plenty of other threads to let off steam in.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/19 11:42 a.m.
Javelin said:
Keith Tanner said:

You underestimate internet trolls.

He’s not a troll. He’s acting like a spoiled child. There’s a difference, primarily in motivation and intent. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/15/19 11:53 a.m.

test post.

eurotech6830
eurotech6830 New Reader
10/16/19 6:11 p.m.

I had a very large MOMO collection prior to getting my sponsorship with them. I'm always selling a few on Ebay and the prices aren't as great as some think. Other then the older Prototipo's and rare models most sell quite reasonably. This is mostly due to the fact that you can purchase a brand new Prototipo for about 200.00. Alot of people dont care about having a MOMO made in the same time period as there car, they just buy new. I would say 100.00 to 120.00 shipped it would sell on ebay. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
10/21/19 9:21 p.m.

In reply to eurotech6830 :

Have a good but inexpensive steering wheel for a Miata?

cdeforrest
cdeforrest Reader
10/21/19 9:44 p.m.

In reply to Apis Mellifera :

I made the mistake of sending that rally vid to my gf. I hear "Triple Caution!" So often. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3n0ZlN3mbtcSK1S9RBeeH0RI6R74H7oTeS48bChFxPjfMQ1iNnzIQVQSI3fpq0i3