Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/20 6:03 p.m.

Totally mine, completely affiliated.

This is the Spec Miata  Bosal stainless exhaust that was  previously sold through MazdaSpeed for NA Miatas.

These sound great and is no longer available. The front flange was removed to run a Cherry Bomb in place of the catalytic converter.  I was saving it for a car that I will probably never own.

$125 in Connecticut. I would consider shipping it if you cover the cost. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/4/20 4:57 p.m.

Hmmm. I need to fix my Miata exhaust. But I think I have a flange Between the header and cat so I'd have to cut the flange off the header for this to work?

Woody
8/16/20 8:37 p.m.

In reply to dan0 (Forum Supporter) :

Sorry for the delayed response. Somehow I missed your question.

This probably won't reach all the way to your header. The original flange from the muffler was removed. You'd either have to add a flange (clamp on or weld) to meet your cat, or remove your cat and run the Cherry Bomb to your midpipe.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
8/22/20 10:15 p.m.

Wondering how much effort it would take to make this work in my car now.

Woody
8/23/20 10:00 a.m.

In reply to Jerry :

This is not the muffler in question, but it is the same item with its original flange, next to a stock Miata exhaust. And this is my photo, so I know the info is accurate.

wae
wae UltraDork
8/23/20 10:09 a.m.

Hmm.  This is interesting.  Any ballpark idea what it would be to ship it to 41051?  (we're close enough that the shipping cost to Jerry would be pretty similar) I'm not that familiar with the Miata exhaust, but I assume that to add it in to an otherwise 100% stock system, the Cherry Bomb isn't needed, right?  I don't think it would be that tough to either weld on a flange (and maybe some additional pipe to reach the stock cat) or to just whack the existing pipe and use a coupler to get it attached.

Jerry, go for it then bring it down to the shop and we'll get it installed.

Or don't go for it, and I'll buy it and put it on mine! :)

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
8/24/20 7:41 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Me likey that idea.  Looks like I need to talk to Woody soon.

Woody
8/24/20 7:49 a.m.

In reply to wae :

A few years ago, I bought a one piece dual exhaust system for a Subaru Legacy and they sent me  the wrong one. They said to return it by USPS. I couldn’t believe it, but I padded the ends and slapped a label on it and it was something like $27 to ship. It was seven feet long and I was shocked. USPS ftw. 

WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter)
WonkoTheSane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/25/20 3:19 p.m.

Hah, I saw this on facebook marketplace I think, about 3 hours after I broke down and ordered an MBS muffler for the track car after searching for a Bosal for a few weeks.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Mq82AJRWBdjrRsWomE8vb0gJ0PxO5wJA27pQopyKaN6fCypUiykzfUUpVhwzBskQ