RedGT
RedGT Dork
7/18/19 7:26 a.m.

The cheap stuff that is left, is going to get scrapped shortly.   Free if you want it.  Located in eastern PA. 

(4) 1999 Corvette TPMS Sensors.  Worked when removed a few weeks ago, but I don't have the tool to test actual battery life.

(4) 4x108 15x6" 2000's Focus wheels, also fit Fiesta and Fiesta ST which is what we used them in for winter tires.  One has a small bend.

https://reading.craigslist.org/wto/d/topton-ford-focus-or-fiesta-wheels/6936479688.html

(3) Mazda3 OEM 17" wheels

(2) 1994 Miata true hollowspokes w/ snow tires on them

(4) 205/16 RE71R tires.  The shoulders are pretty worn from being on an HS autocross Fiesta.  I grabbed them to burn up on the track Mazda3 - they will last a few sessions on a light car - but I have mostly retired that car from track duty.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/18/19 9:26 a.m.

PM sent.  Ive been looiking for wider 4x100s.

logdog
7/18/19 9:30 a.m.

The PM got kicked so I sent to your craigslist ad

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/18/19 9:36 a.m.

Really want the Vette and Camaro rims.  Only 4 hours away, maybe I can talk SWMBO into a nice weekend trip out there, looks like there's some state parks around to check out.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/18/19 9:39 a.m.

Doh, that was Tipton pa, not topton which is 6.5 hours.  Anybody out that way heading west anytime soon?

RedGT
RedGT Dork
7/18/19 9:50 a.m.

In reply to logdog :

Replied / yes I am around tonight and tomorrow.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

I mean there's ALSO some cool state parks around here and/or on the way.  Amusement parks, amish country, bed and breakfasts, that kind of thing too.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/19 11:34 a.m.
Dead_Sled said:

Doh, that was Tipton pa, not topton which is 6.5 hours.  Anybody out that way heading west anytime soon?

Dude it’s in Berks county, you’re committed now

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/18/19 3:49 p.m.
Dead_Sled said:

Well actually, I’m in Harrisburg til next Thursday so if he wants to meet me somewhere I’d bring them back for you.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/18/19 6:40 p.m.

I grew up in Amish country and we live 45 minutes from cedar point. We haven't been to either in many years, unfortunately that won't convince SWMBO sad.

We're far too antisocial for a bed and breakfast.

Looks like 800 miles round-trip.  Rental car for two days is $90 (since Priceline stopped doing name your own price angry) and it'd be $80 in gas at 30 mpg.  Throw in $75+ for a decent-ish room and it's not helping my argument frown.

Not saying I can't make the argument, just gotta work on it more.  Camping in the hearse is probably out with our current weather.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/18/19 6:52 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

It'd be awesome if you could bring them back, but it looks like you're still about 70 miles apart.  That's more than I'd expect either of you to want to drive.

If for some reason the two of you wanted to meet up in-between, I'd be more than happy to pay the fuel and "food" tab!  I found a set of used A7s for the challenge Camaro but they're 17s and the car is wearing a square set of 18 inch wagon wheels with crap tires on them.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
7/18/19 7:48 p.m.

i can consider meeting up, depending on timing - maybe chip in a touch more, between grm price and craigslist price?  It's a leisurely drive towards Harrisburg to meet halfway.  Does a Cabelas visit have any appeal to you?  

But i won't have a chance to remove the tires from the 16's if you still wanted them too.  Dunno what chandler is driving but they take up a lot of space.

logdog
7/18/19 10:09 p.m.

RedGT was super easy to deal with!

Now these wheels can collect dust in my garage until I get around to using them. laugh

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/19/19 5:03 a.m.

Space isn’t an issue, if you guys work out $ I am mostly free on Saturday.

I have to come back through Seville anyway so I’ll be close to dead sled on the way home also.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
7/22/19 8:48 a.m.

Thanks for meeting up chandler / thanks for buying, DeadSled.

Focus/Fiesta, Miata, Mazda3 and tires still available.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/22/19 10:59 a.m.

Big thanks to RedGT and Chandler for spending an hour plus of their Saturday to exchange cheap wheels for someone they've never even met before.  I owe you both.

Gotta love GRM! yes

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/22/19 8:27 p.m.

Briefest meetup ever! Heat, places to be blah blah blah. Nice meeting you!

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
7/25/19 11:29 p.m.

Chandler is awesome!

We were able to meet up with Chandler to grab the wheels on the way down to mid ohio for the indy race this weekend.  No pic as my phone died and I needed to get unloaded at the MILs and dinner was ready and I was starving.

Wheels look great.  Thanks Chandler and RedGT !

RedGT
RedGT Dork
8/7/19 9:21 a.m.

All the cheap stuff left in the first post is now free if anyone wants it.  Will be thrown away/scrapped in a week or two otherwise.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qbVvIx0A1eihMHSDC0lKGdAWd319ioyWhxvh3W7eCbS1KRxUPYEFSKCmlD0jdMnf