Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/20/23 10:37 a.m.

My next challenge build is going to be a bagged, chopped 50s custom with a healthy snort of nitrous. 

I need bag stuff though. I have none, nor have i ever actually bagged anything. 

So, if you have any kicking around and it needs a home, im your guy.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/25/23 9:10 p.m.

In reply to Almimono :

He sell canoes?

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
5/28/23 11:53 p.m.

I was like we have sensors and a passenger side retracter but you don't do ford stuff

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/23 11:31 a.m.

Yukon Denalis and Escalades 2001-2014 should have factory air suspension. Good source for a junkyard compressor.  I swapped the one on my wife's Escalade recently, 3 bolts hold those to the frame rail right behind the left rear wheel.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/23 12:28 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

That brought up an interesting discussion in my mind.  Most junkyards don't sell "airbags" so they won't have a listing for these airbags.  I can just see them asking me what it is and when I say airbag they grab it and say "Oh we don't sell those."

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/30/23 12:32 p.m.

Ebay has some rediculously cheap kits, as partial or as complete as you are willing to go.

My air ride on my '61 was paid for by a crane operator crushing the roof on my squarebody.  Yay insurance payouts.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/23 2:26 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

The LKQ in Milwaukee doesn't know what anything is and charges only for half the stuff you bring to the counter.

Another thought I just had +03 Lincoln Navigators and Aviators (I think) were air ride even more so than the GMs I mentioned earlier. Also 4v 5.4L donors so Michael might just have to find one in NC's finest trailer parks for a whole swap.

stan_d
stan_d SuperDork
5/31/23 11:17 a.m.

Say air spring

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cXdTByP59zXAaFt7eBsqzxa1AffxBgsbumgj2vdvCKqXVvtfmDLXNQd1JTCeuFtJ