GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/22 4:49 p.m.

Looking for the BRZ vents specifically, shaped like this:

Color and finish aren't too important but black would be preferable. It's OK if the faux mesh is damaged or missing since I'll be replacing it with real mesh. Will need them shipped to Canada. They are attached to the car with clips and double-sided mounting tape and can be pried off with a trim removal tool or spudger. If you can get some from a junkyard DM me or email at my username at gmail.

GameboyRMH
5/2/22 1:47 p.m.

Nobody's seen any 2012-2016 BRZs in their local junkyards? There are none in junkyards around me unfortunately. C'mon, don't make me buy these ugly bastards and take a Dremel to them laugh

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003786102503.html

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/2/22 1:55 p.m.

I have some orange ones that are not at all what you're looking for.

GameboyRMH
5/2/22 4:39 p.m.

Yeah the other types (FRS/86/2017+ BRZ) don't take well to "functionalization" mods at all. With the 2012-2016 BRZ vents, you can make it look not just nice, but factory.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/2/22 4:44 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

That's why mine are on the shelf and my fenders have holes there instead.

GameboyRMH
5/2/22 4:46 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

That's why mine are on the shelf and my fenders have holes there instead.

I'm not sure whether this or modified Chinesium vents will be my backup plan cheeky

GameboyRMH
6/26/22 10:39 a.m.

Giving this a bump. I've resorted to leaving notes on modified 2012-2016 BRZs I see in case the owner is interested in a trade for those Chinesium vents, no takers so far...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/26/22 12:14 p.m.

I've never seen a Miata in a yard around here,  let alone an 86.

GameboyRMH
8/31/22 1:27 p.m.

Finest Chinesium Ugly Bastards acquired:

Going to drill holes in the rear and underside of these for ventilation - at least they'll have a weatherproofing/machine-washability and aerodynamic advantage over the BRZ vents. Also going to paint them a dark gray/charcoal color to match the plastic trim on the car, that should tone down the Joel Schumacher Batman factor.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kHmCQNFw0YfHwMB5nMCjpfijWOOukZNVxtuZLoruuEQ0E5MFoqIv0CyAj7JarPst