1 2
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/4/22 9:06 a.m.

I have a set of 16x7 wheels and a rally with a 1 mile tarmac Super Special coming up- it's a long shot, but does anyone have some autocross/track tires that are nearly worn out they want to sell me that might fit on those?  Don't throw out those A7s with the cords showing!  They just need to make it one mile and may very well be blown out on a jump at the end. cheeky

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/4/22 3:21 p.m.

When is the event?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/4/22 3:22 p.m.

Early June.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/4/22 3:50 p.m.

If nobody comes up with some A7s (or something better), I could move the replacement of the Dunlop Direzza ZIII tires I currently have for the MINI - 205/50-16 size.   

Unfortunately, one hitch in that plan is the earliest I can swap them for new is early June when the RE-71RS will be available to ship.  The ZIII won't be available until late July and the other two options are on backorder with no estimated dates yet.  That said, I only want/need the Summer tires for next week and after that I can swap the winter tires back on the car. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/4/22 4:12 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

No need to make big sacrifices for this but if for some reason you want them removed from the wheels I can provide that service.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/4/22 5:34 p.m.

Looking at the stock tire size for a BRZ, the tires I have would probably be a last resort option anyway.  Narrow (by 10mm) and shorter than OE size. Honestly, you'll probably have better luck finding a 17" tire and some OEM 17" wheels.  The tire options for 16" wheels are pretty sparse these days. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/4/22 6:03 p.m.

I have a two sets of Rivals, 225/45-15. I'm still competing on one of them. I'm just finishing work, and can respond to questions later 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/22 7:42 p.m.

I've got a couple sets of 13" Hoosier. How many spacers do you think you would need to make them fit? devil

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
5/4/22 10:10 p.m.

Bridgestone RE71 225/50/16 any good? Not quite slicks, but they still have a little life in them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/5/22 6:33 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Those could work if I find some wider 15s, but my gravel wheels are only 6" wide so it'd be a bit of a pinch.

In reply to EvanB :

0" backspacing with a little bit of a spacer might do it.

In reply to Cactus :

That might work, GRM relay?

5/5/22 6:54 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

These are on six inch wheels. That's what I'm limited to in E Street. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/5/22 7:40 a.m.

We have a bit of a geography problem but if the GRM express heads this way we could probably work something out.

EvanB
5/5/22 7:43 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Cactus :

That might work, GRM relay?

If we could find time to meet up before next Friday I could bring them to Bristol. Cactus is approx. 1 hour west of me. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/5/22 7:53 a.m.

In reply to EvanB :

If that works out it sounds great!

5/5/22 7:54 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

We have a bit of a geography problem but if the GRM express heads this way we could probably work something out.

I have a set of truck tires and wheels in Harrisburg that I'm hoping to get here (North/central Florida, south Georgia, south Alabama, or the Florida panhandle). The GRM express is always an option.

5/5/22 8:16 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

And my price is free.   

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/22 8:26 a.m.

I have about used up RE71R's if you can get here or someone else can, I'm not heading east before June

EvanB
5/5/22 8:31 a.m.
Patrick said:

I have about used up RE71R's if you can get here or someone else can, I'm not heading east before June

I could also relay those if Pete could grab them and bring them down this weekend. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/22 10:45 a.m.

In reply to EvanB :

I can dismount tomorrow and leave them in front of the garage if pete can snag them

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/22 12:09 p.m.

One or two sets?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/5/22 12:11 p.m.

I definitely don't need two sets, you guys are awesome.

EvanB
5/5/22 12:30 p.m.

Works out for me as I'll be busy moving stuff most of the weekend so with them coming to me I'll throw them in the van for Bristol. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/22 1:22 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I definitely don't need two sets, you guys are awesome.

I would like a set for myself smiley  Well, for the Mini.

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
5/5/22 2:51 p.m.

I can have mine dismounted and ready to hand off before Saturday.

EvanB
5/5/22 4:16 p.m.

In reply to Cactus :

Sent you a message.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nU3MQFiP5aBiwxeQccpPjZQhgzUVi5vBZqsP9lIaOtCwKX3eSooLabTsBPpru0K1