LionPride
LionPride New Reader
1/18/23 9:00 p.m.

I have students that do the 3D printing thing and looking for a way to fund their Challenge car and associated expenses.  This is not a school sanctioned effort, just a bunch of 18 year olds that have no idea what they are getting into.

They can print custom badges, mold parts, brackets, small enclosures, or any small widget you can draw within reason.  Limited design work is available.  All proceeds go to fund their challenge car.

ETA: I will personally ensure that your either get your print or your money back.  I won't promise you get a useable print, just one that is a reasonable quality print of what you asked for.  Be careful exactly what you ask for.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
1/18/23 9:48 p.m.

Where are you located ?

LionPride
LionPride New Reader
1/18/23 9:54 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

East Texas

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/19/23 10:07 a.m.

In reply to LionPride :

any chance you've got a CNC plasma table?  ;-)

LionPride
LionPride New Reader
1/19/23 5:36 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Nope.  Wish we did.

Oapfu
Oapfu GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/19/23 9:13 p.m.
LionPride said:

... I won't promise you get a useable print, just one that is a reasonable quality print of what you asked for.  Be careful exactly what you ask for.

Using quality-management buzzwords, that is the difference between "verification" (does it meet the customer's specs, or "did we make the thing correctly?") vs. "validation" (does it meet the customer's needs, or "did we make the correct thing?")

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/23 9:58 a.m.
Oapfu said:
LionPride said:

... I won't promise you get a useable print, just one that is a reasonable quality print of what you asked for.  Be careful exactly what you ask for.

Using quality-management buzzwords, that is the difference between "verification" (does it meet the customer's specs, or "did we make the thing correctly?") vs. "validation" (does it meet the customer's needs, or "did we make the correct thing?")

Today I learned...

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/23/23 8:51 a.m.

What's your max size and types of filaments avail?

LionPride
LionPride New Reader
1/23/23 9:46 p.m.

In reply to Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) :

I'll try to find out tomorrow 

Morrell276
Morrell276 New Reader
1/24/23 1:16 p.m.

I have some Ideas of what I want and a few pictures. What do you need to get started?

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
1/24/23 2:23 p.m.

What type of materials can they use? I would be interested in some karting chassis skid plates.

IMG_0304

LionPride
LionPride New Reader
1/25/23 4:30 p.m.

Materials: PPA, PLA+, PETG,ABS, Nylon, CPE, CPE+, PC, TPU9SA, PP, PUA, and more.  Some can be combined in a single print.

Print Size: 330 x 240 x 300

LionPride
LionPride New Reader
1/25/23 5:07 p.m.
Morrell276 said:

I have some Ideas of what I want and a few pictures. What do you need to get started?

As I understand it, someone has to convert the files into a 3D model and that can be used to create a file that controls how the print will be produced.  I don't do it myself, so that's my limit.  Controlling the layers (thickness, orientations, the infill, etc.) plays a large factor in how strong a print is and in what directions. 

rjracin240
rjracin240 New Reader
1/30/23 2:45 p.m.

Can you send things in and let the students reverse engineer the part to provide a useable product back?

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
10/3/23 5:41 p.m.

Did you ever get this going ?

Any pictures ?

I have a couple small projects that I was thinking of doing , 

Thanks

LionPride
LionPride Reader
10/4/23 10:03 p.m.

Never did any outside work and lost the ability to print on our campus in the spring.  All the equipment was moved to the career and technology campus.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UbCUGIXNXQa0N3QF83LtuxRlFNMyWrXorbazEn5OZ9OmFXXWId6Y1RXUiJ3Ikbhj