1 2
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/15 5:26 p.m.

C'mon, that makes you smile.

This is a simple bolt-on kit designed by Paco Motorsports that lifts your NA or NB by 3" in the front and 3.25" in the rear. Why? So you can run big tires and get lots of ground clearance. Great for winter fun or extreme rallycross. And because, well, doesn't it look like fun?

100% reversible. The car in the picture has 26" 215/65-15 tires, which required a bit of massaging to fit. A 205/65-15 should fit without any changes. Your suspension travel is unchanged - you'll have the same amount of compression and droop travel that you did before.

Production parts will be available at the end of January. We won't charge your card before we ship - but if you're thinking of a set, order early in case the first production run sells out. FM exclusive.

FM 3" lift kit

DanielCut
DanielCut Reader
12/15/15 5:27 p.m.

How well would a miata handle sweet jumps?

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
12/15/15 6:17 p.m.

Don't show me these things!

How does this screw with sway bar attachment and camber? I can't imagine the lower control arm would like getting shoved down 3 inches by the shock mount. How quickly would I destroy my car if I ran soft 10 in springs (they fit) and used the full range of "stock" travel, just at jacked ride height?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
12/15/15 6:23 p.m.

Cool! Is this spacers for the stock coilover system? It's fairly inexpensive so that's my guess.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
12/15/15 6:28 p.m.

Finally helping to enable the literal interpretation of the company name.

BAJA MIATA, ACTIVATE

Keith Tanner
12/15/15 6:29 p.m.

It basically moves the lower shock mounting point up. So it's spacers for any spring/shock setup. It's not a full 3" at the shock, it's 3" at the wheel.

Yes, the alignment will change. You'll lose some negative camber. Need more? We have extended lower ball joints for the front and adjustable control arms for the rear. You'll probably want the sway bars disconnected for more articulation, but it's possible that you might want a longer end link if you retain bars.

Because we're not changing the shock or spring, you'll have the same amount of compression and droop travel that you do now. Your car is just 3" taller all the time.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/15/15 6:36 p.m.

Oh no...

Thanks a lot, Keith. You just turned every rwd rallyx class into spec miata-dirt.

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
12/15/15 6:58 p.m.
bluej wrote: Oh no... Thanks a lot, Keith. You just turned every rwd rallyx class into spec miata-dirt.

Miatas already swept Nationals.

Besides, rallycross is better when low because you can just toss and throw and point and the car'll never get upset. Also, you can use ruts to steer and go faster without flipping.

I want this for sheer giggles.

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
12/15/15 7:08 p.m.

Also, General Grabber AT 2 tires for 14x7 wheels (27X8.5R14LT) are only 26.8 in. The 205/75-15 size are 27.1 in. You'd need to find that inch of room above and beyond the "extreme" example above, but it'd be doable.

BFGoodrich All Terrain K/O in 195/75-14 would fit (25.5 in). Their 15 in options aren't as good as the General Grabber AT 2s.

Straight truck off-road tires are all 31 in or bigger.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/15/15 7:36 p.m.

Oh. My. God.

nervousdog
nervousdog HalfDork
12/15/15 8:15 p.m.
Flyin' Miata website says: FITS EXOCET? Yes

Muuuwahahahaha

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/15/15 8:21 p.m.
nervousdog wrote:
Muuuwahahahaha

Best. Dune buggy. Ever.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
12/15/15 8:23 p.m.

Hmmmm-Having 2008 challenge flashbacks . This might also make R1 or R6 shocks fit up front. I'd love to see a picture.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
12/16/15 7:13 a.m.
mndsm wrote:
nervousdog wrote:
Muuuwahahahaha
Best. Dune buggy. Ever.

Son of a .... holy crap I want this on an Exocet.

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/7/16 6:01 a.m.

Anxiously awaiting these getting in stock. I do have some concerns, I know I've been seeing everyone thinks the driveshaft and suspension will be fine, I'm just hesitant. Way back, when I got my first truck, it had busted leaf springs on it. 6 or so months went buy, and I got new springs, which made a noticeable ride height difference, and about a month after that, the rear end spun itself out. It had carved a groove for itself I guess, and when it got back to stock height, it was done. I'm really afraid of that happening with my miata. I can't wait to get these in.

What is the install uninstall time on these? I'm planning a dual purpose build with them, so I'm curious how easy a switch over is.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/2/16 6:43 p.m.

So we're installing these on my buddies' miata tonight.. The kit went in pretty easy until we went to bolt the stock 14" wheels on, no bueno in the rear.. Surprise!

Anyone else install these and know if we just installed them wrong (I think they only go in one way), or do you have to have a special wheel/offset combo to fit?

Keith Tanner
12/2/16 11:38 p.m.

This is the only suspension kit we sell that everyone tries to use stock 14s on.

Yes, there are clearance problems with those stock wheels. We have that warning on the site now, but we only learned about it recently. Spacers solve the problem.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/3/16 8:39 a.m.

Thanks for confirming it

Just for a data point, I'm still rocking the stock 14s on my FM Vmaxx #2 package, until I finally wear through the crappy tires on them and can justify getting new rubber :)

I see the description now says that they won't work with this combo (stock wheels and shocks), the last time we read that was when he pre ordered this setup (last year?) So I don't think it was known then.

Quick note: the install instructions have a minor issue, they swap left instead of right for the front bracket. No big deal as you can't install it backwards, but it did add a minute or two of us wondering how we cold be so dumb to the project.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
12/7/16 9:51 a.m.

So these were out of stock in march, and out of stock now...I assume they were in stock in between sometime. Any estimate for when they will be available?

WonkoTheSane, could you confirm what size spacer works for the rear? I'm trying to piece together a total price and a 5mm spacer is quite different than a 25mm one.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/7/16 9:58 a.m.

No idea, we gave up and pulled the lift kit out for now, sorry. A new set of rims & tires or coilovers just wasn't in the cards for him right now.

I'm guessing that you're going to need a minimum of 20mm for the rear using stock shocks & stock 14" rims with the 45mm offset, but that was at full droop. you might be able to get away with a touch less, but that's asking for trouble when you go over some sweet jumps.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
12/7/16 11:06 a.m.

In reply to WonkoTheSane:

Thanks for the info. And it's the stock spring you have issues with right? 2.5" race springs should be fine then. I have a set of Konis and perches sitting around...hmm.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/7/16 11:08 a.m.

Yeah, I have the FM Vmaxx setup on my rig, so we may try it on there if we get bored enough, but looking at the fleet maintenance backlog, that's pretty unlikely.

Sarrang1990
Sarrang1990
12/8/16 9:24 a.m.

hey you use this car in any rally or any racing track.its look awesome.what its max speed.

Keith Tanner
12/8/16 10:03 a.m.

The car in the picture in the first post is one of many Miatas fitted with this kit. It is not used for racing right now. Top speed is over 150 mph thanks to the turbo engine.

sevenracer
sevenracer Reader
7/19/17 10:55 a.m.

Just ordered this kit for my 1999 miata. Plan is to use the car to explore backroads up in the NC mountains.

The body on the car is actually quite nice, so I didn't want to cut it up to fit big tires. Talked with Paco Motorsports and they said that they have had pretty good luck with winter tires. I have 15" wheels and stock suspension, so will have to see what spacers I need. I chose these GT Radial Champiro Icepro P205/65R-15 tires, because they look kinda like all terrains and are cheap. Car will see 2k miles per year at most, so even if they wear out really quickly, I should get 2 or 3 years out of them.

I'm excited to see how it turns out.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z1UFooxLg9J2Dmijj5F5gxSVgfuwrM91XTyex407yFqHPjPsU8VzLOhc5mGFcTtu