iba1052
iba1052 New Reader
5/19/22 7:41 p.m.

Don't waste your money at Flyin Miata on the Fox coil overs. They have never worked right. Car rides like a pogo stick. So FM tech support says to be sure control arms not tightened until suspension loaded. Done. Still sucks. Check nitrogen pressure. Ethan at FM has no clue, says fill out service request with Fox, who want a credit card, no idea about cost, before they will answer question about said tool to check and fill. Finally spoke to a human at Fox who said that tool was proprietary to FM. Forget whole thing now. Trash Fox and replace coil overs. I'll send a picture of them after they are destroyed. Last thing I will ever buy from FM. When Cardells owned FM was good. No more. My last purchase. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/19/22 8:48 p.m.

Would you be willing to talk to me? I've been there for over 20 years and I know those shocks awfully well. I'll need a little more information about what you're experiencing.

There is no proprietary tool involved, someone at Fox was mistaken. You can check the nitrogen pressure with a bicycle shock pump. 

I apologize for Ethan not having all the answers. He's our newest tech and still in training, and on a phone call it's more difficult to reach out to the rest of the team. On email conversations, we often confer on problems or difficult questions before answering.

Please email me at keith@flyinmiata.com. The company is still being run by the same people who were running it before the Cardells sold it, so there's no change other than whose name is on the business license.

iba1052
iba1052 New Reader
5/20/22 5:49 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Ok. Email enroute. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xWQNLmCzwBRrhjNIGgeH5lXZLE1o08qVDYmXEAJIpxqqFKnJHrTQQMxkKQMAabht