Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
1/15/23 10:26 p.m.

I know this has been discussed before and I recall someone mentioning how a particular brand made their cuts surgical in comparison to the ones they'd been using before but I've been unable to find it by searching.

Mainly looking at 4.5" discs, long life, less dust and narrow cuts. Suggestions please

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/15/23 10:45 p.m.

Benchmark Abrasives.

I bought them based on an earlier thread here (probably the one you're thinking of) and they really are top notch.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/15/23 11:03 p.m.

In reply to BA5 :

Agreed, that's the one. AngryCorvair bought them on my recommendation (after I bought them on GRM forum recommendation) and compared to HF or similar they are clean cutting and long lasting. I'm due to order another pack..

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
1/15/23 11:59 p.m.

Yes, they sound like the ones I was thinking of, thanks!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/23 8:48 a.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

In reply to BA5 :

Agreed, that's the one. AngryCorvair bought them on my recommendation (after I bought them on GRM forum recommendation) and compared to HF or similar they are clean cutting and long lasting.

Truth. I don't remember if there was a choice on thickness of cutoff discs. What I got from Benchmark Abrasives are 0.040" (1 mm), and they cut cleaner and last longer than the 1/16" (0.063") discs from HF. 

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
1/16/23 11:24 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
classicJackets (FS) said:

In reply to BA5 :

Agreed, that's the one. AngryCorvair bought them on my recommendation (after I bought them on GRM forum recommendation) and compared to HF or similar they are clean cutting and long lasting.

Truth. I don't remember if there was a choice on thickness of cutoff discs. What I got from Benchmark Abrasives are 0.040" (1 mm), and they cut cleaner and last longer than the 1/16" (0.063") discs from HF. 

Nice! Order placed

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/16/23 11:26 a.m.

I placed an order for those cutoff disc's, the tiger paws, and found some Sawzall blades (from Dewalt) to continue on my.projects.  thanks for the recommendations yall!  

I was seriously just about to order some cutoff wheels so this was timely.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z1AZ9lZlnx0RBouHKOrouWKnrjg2RlSfdL5WEi84Xz4nWwTS2Mkawt6qnGxEyuGI