icdpride
icdpride New Reader
4/30/19 8:39 a.m.

So last night I bought a wire feed mig welder off my local craigslist for $30, its old as all get out the sell had no info on it but I thought $30 for a mig welder with a cart and regulator was worth the risk. I am trying to find out some info on it but there is like not identifiers on it so I was wondering if anyone knew anything or had any clues. 

Info I have:

Model on the front: 117-007
Serial # : B605489
Date code:072684
Its red
Its heavy 
Wire feed is on top 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/30/19 8:41 a.m.

It's an old Century. Spare parts here

icdpride
icdpride New Reader
4/30/19 8:46 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Awesome thank you, any idea if its a decent welder?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/30/19 8:48 a.m.

In reply to icdpride :

All I could find were spare parts and people looking for help rewinding their transformer so far. Saw some posts of people calling Lincoln for support though, so it should be?

icdpride
icdpride New Reader
4/30/19 8:51 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Haha fair enough, I mean it has to be an improvement over my 90 amp harbor freight flux core

icdpride
icdpride New Reader
4/30/19 8:01 p.m.

so I figured out why it was so cheap it looks like someone wired it for 110 and it should be for 230 so they never got it to work and that it's old as hell. So I just need to wire a 3 wire 230 plug with 2 hots and a ground that goes to the chassis right? 

icdpride
icdpride New Reader
5/3/19 9:14 a.m.

Added a 230v outlet to the garage and wired up the welder and hot damn it works... well feeds wire and makes an arc can't weld with it really as I dont have a bottle at the moment.

So its an old Century 100 230v welder 

Thanks for all the help 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FmY3MFFraSmZnvunuH7XnChbYIZfM27uoNgEFXUrc2uU2T5KQ4CJr45WMnA1HqwQ