1 2
eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/18/22 12:23 p.m.

Now I'm thinking I should dig out some of my old early 90s mix tapes and put them in the garage to play, the garage radio is an old combo CD/cassette player.

Might not hurt to get some soundtracks on an MP3 player and let it rip.  I suspect I could just run Repo Man, Velvet Goldmine, and Tron: Legacy on shuffle and have it all work well as background music.

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/18/22 12:40 p.m.

I just recently watched Tron: Legacy. I think that was a pretty underrated movie.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/18/22 1:00 p.m.
BA5 said:

I just recently watched Tron: Legacy. I think that was a pretty underrated movie.

I thought the movie was okay (needed way more lightcycles), but the soundtrack was excellent.

SanchinMiata
SanchinMiata Reader
4/7/22 3:35 p.m.

So when I'm not wrenching on my bikes, boats, or cars, I'm playing music. I'm part of a working cover band (www.atomicannieband.com) and built a nice studio in my pole barn. As I've accumulated a lot of music gear over the years, I ended up with some old leftover PA equipment. I hung a couple small monitor speakers up in the framing, hooked up a decent power amp, a small analog mixer and a $10 Bluetooth adapter in an extra rack box, and now can listen to most anything at offensively loud volumes, much to my neighbor's chagrin. I'm keeping my eyes open for a cheap used subwoofer, too, just to cement my position as "that guy"...

My musical tastes get pretty eclectic, but my go to stuff is usually R&B, blues, and old school funk. All stuff we never play in the band!

MiniDave
MiniDave New Reader
4/17/22 5:54 p.m.

I tend to not like the music blasting while I'm trying to work, so I pick an oldies station off of internet-radio.com and have it playing in the background.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w7S6he6w5aZ3ymSDfmY5GbVyPRXe3837wCd4Gg8XbQZjr11bL03ZD6GyvKZytDku