jovibuilt
jovibuilt New Reader
2/26/23 6:19 p.m.

Hey guys I am doing a 5.0 swap into a 1991 Ford Ranger. I am building my own motor mounts to set the 5.0 low enough to keep the factory AC. I need a thin,clock able remote oil filter adapter. The trans dapt one is to thick it hits the steering box. Anyone know of a thinner one?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/23 11:09 p.m.

I have seen someone tap the block itself and run right angle fittings.

That and sawing away part of the oil filter pad were required to fit the engine in a Midget.

If you have forward room, I am pretty sure that right-angle oil filter housings exist, that are pretty shallow.

jovibuilt
jovibuilt New Reader
4/17/23 8:09 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS)
4/17/23 8:40 p.m.

In reply to jovibuilt :

You won't find one, that one is literally as thin as you can go and still have the ability to run sufficiently sized lines into it.  I am actually kind of impressed that it can be that thin.

Where are you hitting, right in the middle or at one of the edges?

jovibuilt
jovibuilt New Reader
4/18/23 6:53 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

The bolt in the middle hits the steering box. I am trying to get the motor lower to keep the ac/heat box on the firewall. If I move it forward I can't run a mechanical fan.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/23/23 9:05 p.m.

Can you instal the filter adapter then grind off the bolt head to make it fit before you drop in the engine?

Pete. (l33t FS)
4/23/23 9:50 p.m.

In reply to itsarebuild :

The bolt head is what holds the whole mess together.

It has been a long time since I have played with a Ford pushrod block, I am wondering if more extreme procedures are required, like blocking off the oil filter pad and finding a way to get the oil out and back in to the block through other places. 

There's no room to move the engine over any more?  When I did a 6.0 swap in a Hummer I ended up having to move the engine up and to the right about an inch so the front driveshaft U joint would clear the oil filter and the A/C compressor would clear the frame, which still required a hefty notching.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t8Qf4CGnZMlpuTT6XWnqouisU6X1JfzQY73hs5htn1C1NQQ16cQdybznaWd3RNSm