Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev New Reader
4/26/22 11:11 p.m.

Anyone found someone who makes an equivalent fluid for Honda rear diffs? There's a tech manual from Honda that says you can use synthetic ATF but that sounds like more of a contingency than true preventative maintenance. Dual Pump Fluid II [i]is[/i] what the owner's manual calls for.

Vehicle is a 2012 Crosstour. AWD, big motor. 

Other than that, all I can find is a lot of INFLAMED posters from 2009 on random Honda forums talking about the sacrilege of using non-Honda fluids in a Honda differential.  Nothing from Amsoil, Royal Purple, et. al.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
4/27/22 1:32 a.m.

Can you not source the Honda Diff fluid or are you just looking for non-honda fluid?

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/27/22 5:00 a.m.

I found nothing convincing for my Element so I just used the Amazons and ordered the Honda stuff. 

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
4/27/22 12:30 p.m.

Apparently the Honda stuff is truly unique.  There are some supposed substitutes, but the dual pump operates from a certain viscosity and additive package so the price is worth it.  I've not got an AWD Honda anymore, and a couple of quarts of the stuff kicking around that I'd be willing to ship if you'd like a cheaper source...

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev Reader
4/27/22 2:29 p.m.

In reply to 1kris06 :

I'm just trying to see if there's something out there without the Honda premium on it. 

PM'd you sobe.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/27/22 10:34 p.m.

I just buy the Honda stuff.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/22 2:02 p.m.

I am surprised that a big motor Honda does not need VTM-4.

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev Reader
5/1/22 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I was, too, but that's the owner's manual. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FUW2HAwWwTsRMiodkpNsFEYaCU1cNSOGpKfTNhlu19PMb6ByyuXtr5DDtXxcIRl0