1 2 3
teamilluminata
teamilluminata New Reader
11/11/11 8:04 p.m.

No, it's not a baby. Well, it kind of is. A baby Audi A3 that is. Just struck a real deal on this low mileage 07 beauty:

This will be the seconf Audi in our "fleet" the other's an 85 UR quattro: Team Illuminata Motorsport Now the question is "What to do with this one?"

Well first on the list is some BRAID wheels. We are the main importer after all so we are almost obliged to throw some of these wheels on it. There's already a precedent in the neighbourhod: an MTM S3 replica has some black Winrace A on it. I don't have any pictures of that car yet but here's the wheels before we delivered them.

What do you think? I actually already ordered the very same wheels for this car, even before we bought it! Then I had another thought: maybe white Winrace A would be cool too.

What do you think? Coiuld we get away with it?

What I really need is someone to Photoshop the black and white Winrace A on the car for comparison. Any PS experts out there?

Of course, maybe we need another BRAID wheel instead of these. Have a look, let me know what might look better: Team Illuminata

I also need to install aftermarket heated seats as it doesn't have the winter package installed. I'll do without the heated mirrors and washer nozzles thank you. Anyone have any experience or insights into doing this on this car?

Likewise with a remote start system. Would really like that on this one.

Then, I guess the question is what else should we do as far as performnce mods? What do these cars really respond well to? Open to ideas. other mods

Sultan
Sultan Reader
11/11/11 8:07 p.m.

Awesome

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
11/11/11 8:11 p.m.

sweet wagony goodness!

teamilluminata
11/11/11 8:16 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: sweet wagony goodness!

Thanks. Don't tell my wife it's a wagon. She thinks it's a cute hatchback.

Josh
Josh Dork
11/11/11 9:13 p.m.

I like wagons. So what is a "real deal" on one of these, anyway?

teamilluminata
11/11/11 9:47 p.m.
Josh wrote: I like wagons. So what is a "real deal" on one of these, anyway?

I could tell but then I'd have to.......................................

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Reader
11/12/11 10:41 a.m.

White wheels look sha-weet on a white car. But, unfortunately, brake dust happens. Probably a lot less on your street A3 than on my Spec Miata. But you should at least have a plan for keeping them white.

David

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/12/11 11:32 a.m.
DWNSHFT wrote: White wheels look sha-weet on a white car. But, unfortunately, brake dust happens. Probably a lot less on your street A3 than on my Spec Miata. But you should at least have a plan for keeping them white. David

These guys agree with you . . .

mrhappy
mrhappy Reader
11/12/11 11:55 a.m.

Do those wheels come in 4x100?

GTwannaB
GTwannaB GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/12/11 1:06 p.m.

White wheels, then add some Abu Dhabi blue and red stripes to make a bastard Audi/Ford WRC tribute.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
11/12/11 1:39 p.m.

Congrats, I love me those hot little A3 hatches. Here's a quick and dirty P shop

teamilluminata
11/13/11 9:17 a.m.
mrhappy wrote: Do those wheels come in 4x100?

Sure. Wheels come any bolt pattern offset, hub bore you want, within reason. Have some 4x100 in stock.

teamilluminata
11/13/11 9:18 a.m.
GTwannaB wrote: White wheels, then add some Abu Dhabi blue and red stripes to make a bastard Audi/Ford WRC tribute.

Photoshop?

teamilluminata
11/13/11 9:19 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Congrats, I love me those hot little A3 hatches. Here's a quick and dirty P shop

Awesome! Can I share your handy work?

You know. I think it works.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
11/13/11 12:27 p.m.

Sure!

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
11/13/11 4:12 p.m.

A vote for white Braids, here! Should look great right out of the box, but could do with some blackening up of the bodywork. Door handles, rub trims, side markers, etc.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for black trim on an otherwise white car.

teamilluminata
11/22/11 5:11 p.m.

Strangest looking stork flew over the shop yesterday:

and dropped off our new "baby"

The driver said he drove through an aweful snow and ice storm to get to Michigan and you could see the effects on the outside of the car; just filthy. But after a good wash shiny and gleaming again

Gave it a good going over, even got it on the lift. Then drove it round for a while. Absolutely perfect! Very happy with it.

Now, where's those BRAID wheels?

failboat
failboat HalfDork
11/22/11 5:35 p.m.

Love me some white wheels

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/22/11 5:44 p.m.

What is that car in the corner?

teamilluminata
11/22/11 5:52 p.m.
EvanB wrote: What is that car in the corner?

An old Saab wagon.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
11/22/11 5:55 p.m.

What kind of sailboat? Looks like and Interlake.

Great little Audi!

teamilluminata
11/22/11 5:58 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: What kind of sailboat? Looks like and Interlake. Great little Audi!

I have no idea about the boats. They just take up sapce where more cars could be.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/22/11 6:09 p.m.
teamilluminata wrote:
EvanB wrote: What is that car in the corner?
An old Saab wagon.

Ah-ha, I thought it looked familiar but the grille looks slightly different than any Saab I remember.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
11/22/11 6:12 p.m.

2.0 or 3.2?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/22/11 6:19 p.m.

In reply to teamilluminata:

I vote white-on-white, only because the 97-98 Integra Type R imprinted on my very hard.

Of course, it'll need to be lowered once it's wearing the new wheels.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MtwN6LHfXLO64xS1Nt36lzYqwIk7mThTi7EQtxyBex7SrK6D59rFhCvh1y5E1YW7