TurboFource
TurboFource Reader
1/23/23 3:43 p.m.

I need to order tires for TCST. I have upgraded from 13 to 15" wheels but the tire selection still isn't great

in the sizes I need ... 185/50R15 and 205/50R15 .... I can get extreme summer performance tires but 

I want to be able to drive all year round on nice days...is the cold weather really that bad for them or should

I get all season performance tires?

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/23 6:55 p.m.

It really depends on how cold it gets where you live. For instance Tire Rack has this note about the Michelin PS4S:

Note: Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

It generally doesn't get below 30F here so I'm not too worried about it. 

TurboFource
TurboFource Reader
1/24/23 3:18 p.m.

It occasionally gets to single digit temps here....

TurboFource
TurboFource Reader
1/24/23 6:58 p.m.

I may have to flare this thing to create a better tire selection......

dps214
dps214 Dork
1/25/23 9:07 a.m.

What's the storage situation? If it lives in a garage that stays at least above freezing, summer tires will do fine, you just might have to not consider single digits to be a "nice day".

That said, I'm really enjoying my performance all seasons. They do give up a tiny bit of the feel and ultimate grip versus summer tires but man they just work all the time, in all the conditions. And they're cheaper and a bit more comfortable.

TurboFource
TurboFource Reader
1/25/23 3:32 p.m.

It is/will be garage kept....but want to be able to drive it on any sunny day....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IjdoHnycwIibrPuTQn2ppqzB8cqSsixqq5Wjzk13r93XcavmUoHaE8Aobf0zzmXo