759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/14/22 7:09 p.m.

Well boyz n gerlz....not so much looking for solutions to my current hair pulling exercise, wandering if y'all have experienced what appeared to be a straight forward  R&R (starter motor removal) that somehow has now progressed to a WTF moment. 

• tractor would not start.....get a new battery
  • replace battery....tractor still wont start......but now I'm looking at the ignition switch
  • new ignition switch....same results
  • find on line factory wiring diagram ......looking more like stater/solenoid issue
  • begin starter removal.....except that it is encapsulated with hydraulic lines/vent tubing....
  • all of which has now led to loosening said hydraulic lines to reach that cursed third bolt that was hidden
  • but this now has escalated to the line at the cooler at the front of the  radiator that has not been budged since 2003 all to gain access to that third bolt.....trust me

What all this has lead me to believe is that as the tractor came down the "line" there was no consideration to correct this situation...possibly a case of just go buy a new one???

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
12/17/22 11:42 a.m.

Im not sure I understand the situation. Are asking for advice on removing a stuck line, or just venting about how difficult the tractor is to service?

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/17/22 12:02 p.m.

Really just venting the accessibility to the removal of the starter.......wondering if others have dove into what appears as a simple procedure only to be bumfuzzled by  the whole affair .......can't even imagine what the dealer would charge for this. 

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/17/22 3:37 p.m.

Not a new issue. Unfortunately. Cars, tractors.... whatever seem to be designed to facilitate initial construction not ongoing service.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/17/22 4:55 p.m.

Latest.......starter is out.....half my toolbox is on the counter in the grosh......circuit testing continues tomorrow....and when it's all back together photos will be forthcoming 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2DokB6thsmbMQPsTFIWYYkj83BL0yLfNZkbJlb4tlMpGcZQJQdXCmRqMjRn93UJ4