MDGearhead
MDGearhead New Reader
3/5/19 7:30 a.m.

I know that many of you have heard of Track Night in America. For those that have not, it is a program run by the SCCA that brings affordable track days to tracks all around the country. For 2019, Track Night in America has added some big name tracks like Sebring, VIR and Lime Rock Park. You get 3 20 minutes sessions on track for $150 or less.

I ran with them for the last couple years and can say that they are well organized, on time, and the best part, very affordable. I have been asked to be a part of their Track Night Champions program to get the word out and answer any questions that prospective drivers might have.

If you have any questions or would like a $25 discount on your next event , message me and I will be happy to provide either. Keep in mind that registration opens today at 12PM EST.

Have fun and be safe this year!

List of Events:

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events

NorseDave
NorseDave Reader
3/18/19 3:38 p.m.

So how do these work in terms of instructors, separating out experience levels, etc?  I have a grand total of 1 track day, and that was like 8 years ago now.  I'd love to do more, but a host of stuff has prevented that from happening.  I'm comfortable saying that I shouldn't be out on a track solo, and I wouldn't want to be driving on a track with anyone w/ similar (lack of) experience driving solo. Likewise, the performance disparity in cars now is so huge that throwing someone in a, say, 944 on the same track as someone in a C7 vette or whatever also seems like a recipe for disaster.  

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/18/19 4:56 p.m.
NorseDave said:

So how do these work in terms of instructors, separating out experience levels, etc?  I have a grand total of 1 track day, and that was like 8 years ago now.  I'd love to do more, but a host of stuff has prevented that from happening.  I'm comfortable saying that I shouldn't be out on a track solo, and I wouldn't want to be driving on a track with anyone w/ similar (lack of) experience driving solo. Likewise, the performance disparity in cars now is so huge that throwing someone in a, say, 944 on the same track as someone in a C7 vette or whatever also seems like a recipe for disaster.  

There is no in car instruction at TNIA. 

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
6/17/19 1:55 p.m.
NorseDave said:

Having now done 2x Track Night in America's with no prior track experience, I can say that it works. No instructor feels weird, but it keeps everyone from driving beyond their limits (no one WANTS to crash their car). Highly controlled (Straights only) point-by passing and novices sometimes ends up with lines and someone who won't point people by, but there's no harm in taking a cool-down through the pits for a lap. Guarantee the guy in the 944 is probably more comfortable pushing more than the guy in the C7 vette, it all works out in the end. 

Patientzero
Patientzero New Reader
6/17/19 2:44 p.m.

I'm slowly working toward doing this.  I'm only a couple hours from Heartland Park Topeka.  I bought a trailer this spring and I've been trying to get my car prepped over the last couple months.  I've been doing Auto X for 10+ years and done trackdays at Mugello Circuit(Italy) and Grandsport Speedway.  

I can't wait to get out there.  Any advice for a first timer to TNIA?

TXratti
TXratti New Reader
6/17/19 3:13 p.m.
Patientzero said:

I can't wait to get out there.  Any advice for a first timer to TNIA?

Yes, HAVE FUN. Don't overthink it. The ponit of TiNA is to get on track, in fact they don't allow most racecars, and 80-90% of the vehicles were driven there on the tires they run on. It's no pressure, and a great place to meet like-minded people who live near you.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jhVaUWdsdXvHQINdhIA0OEDgqyeP3HsbRh3k5ehylWkOQmObt1tmnWf9Xbb5E4My