QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/22 7:46 a.m.

Over the last few years I went from one Troy Bilt riding mower to two then three. I have a little bit of land but not three running riding mowers worth of land so when a coworker bought his first house I offered to sell him a mower cheap. He countered cheap with trade for a "tool box". 

Now I have a 46" Husky box that is not really full but I could use better organizational help and more drawers is a plus. 

Then I picked up the box. It's large. Like huge. 60x30 with full depth drawers huge. 

Here is a side by side comparison to the big enough 46" roller:

Do not excuse the mess. I need to be shamed because it is the only real way to learn.

I started cleaning and properly storing things last night. Hope to be done by 2029.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/20/22 7:55 a.m.

Nice box!

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/20/22 10:02 a.m.
QuasiMofo (John Brown) said:

Hope to be done by 2029.

I enjoy your optimism.

Not a bad score, though.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
5/25/22 7:59 a.m.

Spamalamadingdong canoes are afoot!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/25/22 8:03 a.m.

I've seen the rest of your house updates via external media, and if they're any indication, your garage will be fine. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/25/22 5:44 p.m.

If you really have too much storage now, you could start putting consumables (wiring, saw blades, cut off wheels, etc) inside the tool box.  That is assuming you weren't already doing stuff like that.  I have one drawer in my tool box devoted entirely to wire connectors, switches, bulbs and other electrical stuff.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
5/25/22 6:28 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

The plan is to utilize the large box for hand tools, the 46 inch box for tool sets and power tools, the roll cart is set up for electrical stuff and the red box will be consumables. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hFSl9AfPh0ihw98FWsNNv5vS5oFaJUBS1CYrCibK1OIQStyM3VApTfrHY6roZwcq